xxxiii. things you can't outrun

˗ˏˋ⋆ H E A V E N L Y ⋆ˎˊ˗↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊

↳  𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊.   𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒔 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒄𝒂𝒏'𝒕 𝒐𝒖𝒕𝒓𝒖𝒏
𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘭𝘧, 𝘴𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘩𝘳𝘦𝘦

(𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔒𝔳𝔢𝔯𝔩𝔬𝔬𝔨𝔢𝔡)

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

DEREK LOOKED AT SCOTT FOR AN ANSWER. "WHAT DOES SHE MEAN?"

Scott didn't answer, so Jennifer did.

"You're not the only one he wants in his pack," she told Derek. "Deucalion doesn't just want an alpha pack. He wants perfection. And more than anything, it means adding the rarest of alphas to his ranks."

"A true alpha," Gracie spoke up.

Stiles glanced back at her. "What's that?"

"The kind that doesn't have to steal his power from another," Peter explained to him. "One that can rise by the force of his own will. Our little Scott."

"It doesn't matter," Scott said firmly, not liking the hungry way in which Peter was looking at him. "We still need to get her out of here." 

Stiles pressed his lips together hesitantly. "Scott, your mom..." 

"My mom said there's one more ambulance coming in twenty minutes," Scott stated, resolved in getting Cora to safety. "And I don't think we've been here that long, so if we can get down to the garage, get to the last ambulance, we can get out of here." 

"The twins aren't gonna let us just walk out," Peter pointed out. 

"I'll distract them." 

Derek gave Scott a look of disbelief. "You mean fight them." 

Scott shrugged. "Whatever I have to do." 

"I'll help you."

"Um, sorry, but I'm not going anywhere without you, Derek," Jennifer interjected stubbornly. Gracie rolled her eyes. They were helping her at the cost of not only their lives, but Melissa's life, and she had the nerve to be picky about who was going to escort her to safety.

The audacity...

"I'll do it," Peter volunteered. "But I'd prefer to be out there with an advantage."

"An advantage like what?" Stiles glanced at him. "You mean like a weapon?" 

"Something better than a baseball bat." 

The group –– other than Cora and Jennifer, the lazy bitch –– spread throughout the room to look for something that Peter could use to his advantage.