All I Want for Christmas is You - Chris Evans

"I have to work Syd

"I have to work Syd. What do you want from me?!" Chris asked and I sighed.

"I know you have to work Chris, I'm not stopping you. I'm just saying you didn't warn me it would be until the end of the year." I said.

"I don't see the big deal? I'm working one 2 movies at once." Chris said.

"You just didn't tell me Chris. I mean the holidays. You are missing major holidays." I said.

"So we have our own celebrations when I get home. Listen, I'm sorry I didn't tell you and I'm sorry you didn't know but it's what I have to do Syd. You can come down and visit." Chris said.

"No, I can't! I have to work Chris. I can't just take a break from teaching to run down to Georgia, I don't want just weekend trips. Maybe I can come down during long weekends or something." I said and Chris nodded. He finished packing and walked up to me wrapping his arms around my waist and mine went around his midsection.

"I will FaceTime you every night. Call and text when I can...I love you." Chris said and I gave a small smile.

"I love you too. We will be okay right?" I asked and he nodded.

"More than okay." Chris said. "Oh I may have forgot to tell you. The first movie I'm filming Emily Blunt is in it." Chris said and I smiled. She and her husband were good friends of Chris's and I had met them a couple times.

"Way to hide things from me!" I said with a laugh and smacked his chest. "Now you have to let me know a weekend I can come down. Screw my no weekend rule." I said and Chris laughed.

"God I love you." Chris said and I smiled.

"I love you too." I said and then placed my forehead on his chest, breathing in his scent.

"We'll be okay." Chris whispered. I wasn't sure if he was convincing myself or him.

***THANKSGIVING***

I had been going down 2 weekends a month taking Fridays off because things with Chris and I were getting a little strained. He was getting stressed from work and not being home.

I was supposed to come down for Thanksgiving but Boston had an unexpected snowstorm and all flights were canceled.

I was sitting that the dinner table at Chris's Moms Lisa's house. It was family dinner and I had been with Chris for so long so that I was an honorary Evans as his brother Scott liked to call me. I was picking at the food on my plate noticing the empty chair next to me.

"Hey, you need to cheer up." Scott said to me sitting in the other side of me.

"Yeah I know but I have tried calling him all day and cell towers must be down because the calls won't go though. We had planned to watch the parade together this morning and nope. It tradition for him and I." I explained and Scott placed his arm around me and hugged me.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and I pulled it out seeing it was a FaceTime with Chris. Scott noticed.

"Go to his old room." Scott said and I quickly left the table. I answered the phone on my way upstairs and I smiled seeing his face.

"There you are." He sighed seeing me.

"Hey, sorry. Had to get away from the Evans clan." I said and Chris nodded.

"I figured." Chris said as I walked in his room, shutting the door and then laying in his bed.

"You in my room?" Chris asked.

"Yep...I slept her last night so I could be here to help your mom." I said and Chris smiled.

"Sleeping in my bed without me. Don't know if I like that." Chris said and I laughed.

"Been sleeping in beds without you since July. I'm pretty used to it by now." I said and Chris sighed.

"Soon Sydney." Chris said and I nodded but rolled my eyes.

"Not soon enough." I said.

***CHRISTMAS EVE***

I was sitting in the living room at the Evans' house fighting back tears. I wasn't able to get a flight to see Chris in Georgia. I was watching his niece and nephews open the gifts from Chris and I when Lisa walked up to me.

"Sweetie, stay with me here tonight. Don't be alone in the house on Christmas Day." Lisa said and I sighed.

"I didn't bring clothes..." I said.

"You have clothes here, don't use that excuse." Lisa said and I laughed.

"Okay, I'll stay." I said and she smiled.

As everyone else opened a few gifts since the Santa gifts were for Christmas morning everyone was having a good time. I checked my phone, 8pm...Chris was supposed to call at 6pm.

"I'm going to go walk Dodger." I said to Scott and I headed outside with Dodger after bundling myself up. We walked around the block, I just needed to clear my head. Chris would be home soon...hopefully. I needed him home, things were getting harder and harder. I cried on the walk, I knew I wanted to cry which is why I left the house. I had done good since July hiding my tears.

Once Dodger and I got back to the house I walked in and Scott was standing at the door with a towel so I could wipe off his paws.

"Thanks." I said. I stood up after wiping them off and handed Scott back the towel. I got out of my jacket as my cellphone went off with a text.

CHRIS: About to call you. You around the family?

SYDNEY: Yeah, you need to go to your room?

CHRIS: Not yet I want to see everyone. Get them ready.

"Hey guys Chris is about to FaceTime me. He wants to see everyone." I said and they all got close to me coming in the living room as I sat down. As I was waiting Dodger started barking and ran to the door as it opened.

"Surprise! Merry Christmas!" Chris yelled coming in the door. I jumped up and rushed over to him hugging him and then passionately kissing him.

"Best Christmas gift ever." I said and Chris smiled kissing me again.