As Long as You're Mine - Chris Evans

**THIS HAS BEEN MADE INTO A FULL STORY BY THE SAME NAME**

"Chris, are you going to tell us what this big surprise is? I mean you got us all here to New York..." Lisa Evans, Chris Evans's mom said as they rode in a van in New York. Chris looked at his niece Stella, who was sitting next to him.

"Well at Christmas time I asked Stella what she would want, and she told me to see Wicked on Broadway. Well, I know it's months later, but since I knew I was going to be in New York for the Ghosted premiere I started looking at tickets. Well, I got lucky because I heard that Idina Menzel is going to be back this week only, reprising her role as Elphaba. I couldn't find any more info on other castmates, but I knew you loved Elphaba and would want to see this. So Merry Christmas Stella, we are all going to see Wicked on Broadway." Chris said. Stella squealed and hugged him tightly.

"Thank you, Uncle Chris! This is amazing!" Stella said and Chris smiled.

"I'm so happy you're happy." Chris said.

They finally arrived at the theater, and everyone pilled out of the van. Scott walked up beside Chris.

"So, biding for favorite Uncle I see." Scott said and both guys laughed.

"No just giving the girl whatever she wants. We always give the boys whatever they want, and she suffers." Chris admitted as the entire family walked into the theater after Chris handed out tickets.

Stella instantly pulled all of them over to the merchandise stand and the entire family all ended up buying something for themselves. As they walked to the theater there were posters of all the cast.

"Chris..." Carly, his older sister said, and they all stopped as she pointed to a sign. It was the actress playing Glinda. Chris's eyes couldn't believe what he was seeing.

"Is that for this show?" Chris asked.

"I think so. Did you know?" Carly asked and Chris shook his head.

"We haven't talked since 2018 when I left New York after doing Lobby Hero." Chris said and sighed reliving that in his head. The bad break up, the breakup he knew would come from the minute they met in New York at a party. Roxanna Lucas...a name and person Chris thought he would never see again.

"Wow...cool! You know one of the leads!" Stella exclaimed, not knowing the full story. No one really did, only a select few.

"Yeah, I guess I do..." Chris said. He was looking at her picture and sighed. "Let's go find out seats." Chris said and they all headed into the theater and sat down. Stella insisted on sitting next to Chris, but Lisa sat on the other side of him.

"So, Roxanna...you going to be okay?" Lisa asked and Chris nodded.

"Yeah, I mean this was the part she was always working towards so I'm happy for her." Chris said.

"Chris...you don't have to put on a brave face for me about it. I was here...remember, I know how it all went down." Lisa said and Chris shrugged.

"It didn't "go down" my 3-month run in Lobby Hero was done and I left New York. I left her standing in her apartment heartbroken and telling her we had no future being from different worlds. She was working on moving up in Broadway and I was finishing Avengers. We were just going in different directions." Chris explained.

"Did you ever try to make amends?" Lisa asked and Chris shook his head.

"There was no need. I knew I hurt her, and she wouldn't listen to anything I had to say to her."

"You should have tried Chris." Lisa said as the music started for the opening number.

"Too late now..." Chris whispered and then they stopped talking to watch the show.

The opening number was intense and within a minute here came Glinda...Roxanna. She opened her mouth to sing, and she sounded amazing, like always. She always had a perfect voice and Chris always knew she would get here eventually and accomplish her dreams.

💙💚💙💚

Near the end of the show Chris was sitting in awe, the show was amazing but mostly Roxanna was amazing. She had them laughing with the rest of the crowd during her song Popular and had the crowd feeling for her when she felt betrayed by Elphaba who was supposed to be her best friend. Her emotions were all there and she was amazing.

It was time for the love song that was sung by Elphaba and Fiyero. As Long As You're Mine. Roxanna used to con Chris into singing this song with her all the time when they were together. She never wanted to play Elphaba but loved the song and always wanted to sing it. Chris tried telling her he wasn't a singer, but she didn't care. They would always sing it together.

While the actors sang the song on stage Chris wasn't hearing their voices, he was hearing his voice singing with Roxanna's voice. He shook his head as the song ended trying to get back into the present.

"You need to try and get backstage and see her." Lisa whispered and Chris shook his head.

"She won't want to see me." Chris said and sighed.

The show ended and everyone was cheering and clapping. I watched Roxanna come out and take her bow on stage and everyone was standing up so they all stood up and cheered for her. She was amazing.

They all went to leave the theater and Chris stopped walking as everyone was loading into the van.

"Stella, you want to come with me for a minute? Some place special..." Chris said, and Stella got excited. "Bring your Playbill." Chris said and they walked to the back of the theater to the stage door and were met by a big crowd.

"Uncle Chris, there are a lot of people..." Stella complained.

"I know where to stand to be seen, just trust me." Chris said as they stood near the end of the crowd. They heard everyone go crazy and started yelling for Idina Menzel and she worked her way through the crowd and then got to the end where Stella and Chris were. She smiled noticing Chris but then smiled at Stella. She signed her program and Chris got some pictures.

"Would you like a picture?" Idina asked Stella and she nodded vigorously. Chris took a picture of them together and smiled.

"You were amazing!" Stella said and Idina smiled then walking away.

They were waiting and Chris's heart stopped when he heard people start yelling her name and she started to sign some autographs. She got down to where Stella and Chris were. Roxanna looked at Stella and smiled signing her Playbill.

"Can we please get a picture?" Stella asked and Roxanna nodded.

"Of course, sweetie." Roxanna said. Chris took the picture as Roxanna looked at him in shock seeing him.

"Chris?"

"Hey Roxanna. Great show." Chris said.

They just stood there looking at each other in complete shock.