To Be With You - Colin Shea

I got home from my horrible date at 5pm

I got home from my horrible date at 5pm. I was annoyed, the guy showed up 2 hours early, insisted he could get us in anywhere for our date and then when we couldn't all he could recommend was some hamburgers and fries. Usually I would take it but he told me to dress up and look super nice. I was finishing walking the steps to get to my apartment my neighbor was coming out of his dressed in a suit.

"Wow...back already?" Colin asked and I groaned looking at him.

"Don't get me started Shea." I said and he smiled at me.

"What happened Serena?" Colin asked.

"Well he showed up 2 hours early, promised me the reservations he had could be adjusted...they couldn't and then insisted burgers and fries were a good substitute." I said and Colin took in my dress.

"Burgers and fries, dressed like that?" Colin asked and I nodded.

"Yeah no, not right at all." Colin said and I sighed.

"So now I'm just going to get in my apartment, get a bottle of wine and have a party of one on the roof." I said and Colin laughed. I then looked at how he was dressed.

"Well looks like you have plans so I will let you get to them, don't leave the lucky girl waiting." I said with a smile. He looked down at his suit and sighed.

"If only it was for a girl. We have a gig tonight." Colin said and I nodded.

"Wedding?" I asked and Colin nodded.

"Well have fun and maybe when you get home make sure I'm not passed out on the roof." I said and we both gave a small laugh. Colin sighed and extended his hand to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Take my hand Serena and come with me. Be my plus one to this wedding." Colin said.

"Are you allowed to have a plus one?" I asked with a laughed and Colin shrugged.

"Be a roadie." Colin said.

"I'm loading and unloading your shit in the dress." I said and Colin laughed.

"Just come with me. Be my date...so to speak. You look to nice to have pity party on the roof." Colin said and I smiled. I took his head and we headed down the stairs that I had just walked up and out to his car.

💞 💞 💞 💞 💞

Colin and I arrived at the wedding and I was able to blend in with the guest very easily and just kept to myself. I was enjoying just sitting at a table listening to Colin and his band play. I was watching Colin play and I knew this was what he really loved doing. He kept looking at me and smiling and winking to which I would just roll my eyes and smile. Colin was known to be a flirt and I swore to myself I would never fall for his crap, we were good friends and I refused to ruin that with him for a simple fling. I walked up to the open bar and smiled at the bartender.