My Immortal - Steve Rogers

"Remember you have to return the stone to the exact moment you got them or you're going to open up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Bruce Banner, in Hulk form said giving Steve the case of infinity stones.

"Don't worry Bruce, clip all the branches." Steve said closing the case.

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones. I really tried to bring her back. I miss her."

Bruce said and I half smiled at Steve and Bruce.

"Me too Bruce. She was my best friend, like a sister." I said and he gave me a sad smile. Steve started to walk over to the platform and I walk over to stand next to Bucky.

"You know, if you want, I could come with you." Sam said.

"You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me though." Steve said. He shook Sam's hand them walked over to Bucky.

"Don't do anything stupid until I get back." Steve said and I shook my head as Bucky chuckled

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky said and I laughed as this was a common exchange with them. Steve and Bucky hugged and I smile. Steve then side steps and me and I smiled.

"So I was thinking when I get back it's just me and you. Maybe get some of that life Tony was always talking about." Steve said and I smiled.

"Really?! Marriage...kids? You ready for all of that old man?" I asked and put my arms around his neck and he smiled.

"With you Scout, more than you know." Steve said, he leaned down and passionately kissed me.

"Just get back here and be my date to the memorial tonight and then we will talk." I said and Steve nodded giving me another small kiss. Steve and I broke apart. Steve looked at Bucky and gives him a small nod with a small smile.

"Going to miss you buddy." Bucky said. I gave a small laugh.

"He will be gone 5 seconds, calm down and stop being so dramatic." I said and Bucky looked at me with a smile. I watched Steve step on the platform and I smiled at him.

"I love you." I said and he gave a small nod. Hit the wrist band and I heard Bruce count down and Steve was gone. I held my breath.

"Alright returning in five, four, three, two, one." Bruce said and Steve didn't reappear.

"Where is he?!" I asked panicking.

"Bruce?!" I said and looked over at Bruce as he was frantically hitting buttons. I get tears in my eyes and looked at Bucky and his miss you comment now made sense.

"I'm sorry Scout." Bucky said and he wrapped me in a hug as I cried. Steve did it, he went back to her, Peggy Carter, his first love, the woman I thought I could replace in his heart but I guess I never did.

❤ 🤍 💙 ❤ 🤍 💙

That night I was standing with Bucky and Sam at the memorial service we were having for all of the fallen Avengers during the battle with Thanos but also everyone returning from the blip. I looked at Bucky.

"I'll be back, I'm going to get a drink." I said walking over to the bar and he sighed watching me walk away.

"Did you know?" Sam asked Bucky.

"He promised me not to say anything to her or anyone. He said he was doing what he had to do." Bucky said and Sam groaned.

"Scout deserved to know Bucky." Sam said annoyed.

"She was the main one I couldn't tell. All he asked was to convince Bruce to leave up everything up for 24 hours." Bucky said as they saw Scout sitting at the bar talking to Wanda.

"Wanda, please..." I begged her she sighed.

"I won't Scout I'm sorry. I know you are hurting right now but you will want those memories. I won't remove any memory you have with Steve. You think I wanted to keep all my memories with Vision, I didn't but I know he was a major part of my life and I would want to remember everything." Wanda said and I had a few tears fall.

"It hurts so much. Nat, Tony, Vision...Steve...it's too much." I said and downed the whiskey I had ordered. I felt a hand on my back and I turned to see Bucky.

"Hey, would you be willing to sing something for everyone? I know they would all like to hear it." Bucky asked and I looked at the room full of Avengers. I sighed and nodded.

"Sure, I have the perfect song." I said and walked to the piano in the room. I sat down and started playing and then singing.

🎵I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

You used to captivate me by your resonating light
Now I'm bound by the life you left behind
Your face it haunts my once pleasant dreams
Your voice it chased away all the sanity in me

These wounds won't seem to heal
This pain is just too real
There's just too much that time cannot erase

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
And I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

I've tried so hard to tell myself that you're gone
But though you're still with me
I've been alone all along

When you cried, I'd wipe away all of your tears
When you'd scream, I'd fight away all of your fears
I held your hand through all of these years
But you still have all of me

Me, me🎵

Once I was done singing I had tears flowing down my face. I felt arms wrap around me from behind as I sobs. I grabbed on to the arms.

"I got you, I'm never leaving you again." The voice said and I gasped. I turned on the bench and saw Steve. I wrapped my arms around is neck and buried my head in his chest as he held me.

"Let's go make that life, shall we?" Steve said to me once I pulled away from him and I nodded.