Never Again - Chris Evans

I was in the middle of another sell out concert in my hometown of Boston, Massachusetts. I was so happy to be home. My parents and older brother got to come to the show and bring my 2 nieces and his wife. My parents had been divorced for years but got along and even their new spouses came. I was backstage doing a quick outfit change and getting some water.

"I have something to tell you but I don't know if you want to know." The stage manager said coming up to me.

"What?" I asked.

"Something wrong with the show?" I asked and she shook her head.

"Someone is here at the show out in the audience." She said and I looked at her as to say go on.

"Chris Evans and his new fiancé Jenny Slate." She said and I groaned.

"So the asshole and the whore he cheated on me with are here....fucking awesome." I said.

"I want to do the new song." I said and everyone looked at me in shock.

"The band knows it, we practice it every day. I'm in my hometown so it's perfect!" I said and everyone just kind of groaned but nodded.

"Also, where are they sitting?" I asked.

"They are in box seating with his family and hers....dead center. Look straight ahead and there they are." The stage manager said and I nodded.

"Perfect." I said and grabbed my microphone and went walking back out on stage as the lights dimmed and the fans started going nuts. I looked at the band as it was dark.

"I have a speech to give and then we are doing the new song." I loud enough so they could hear and they nodded. I took my spot center stage and the lights turned back on and the fans started cheering super loud and I smiled and waved.

"How are y'all feelin' tonight?!" I yelled and the fans screamed. I laughed.

"Perfect because right now, I have some news for everyone." I said and the place went almost silent.

"I just got news that some very special people are here tonight that just released some very exciting news out to the media. Chris Evans and Jenny Slate are here tonight! Obviously celebrating their recent engagement." I said and some fans started booing. I looked directly at Chris's box and could see his face and he didn't look happy.

"Everyone remember Chris right....my ex....who cheated on me publicly with Jenny?" I asked and they all cheered and booed more.

"Okay guys, come on, Chris is so happy I'm sure, I mean we were only apart for 3 months when he proposed." I said and could see Chris actually getting madder and it was giving me a sick gratification that I was finally getting my reward for this.

"I actually want to offer my congratulation to the happy couple and I wish them all the happiness in the world. I actually wrote a song recently and I would love to perform it for them. Also, for you guys in my hometown because you are an amazing crowd! Y'all wanna here a new song?!" I asked and everyone cheered. I turned to the band.

"Let's play it for 'em guys!" I said excited and the started playing and I starting singing on my que.

🎵I hope the ring you gave to her turns her finger green
I hope when you're in bed with her you think of me
I would never wish bad things, but I don't wish you well
Could you tell by the flames that burned your words
I never read your letter, cause I knew what you'd say
Give me that Sunday school answer try make it all OK

Does it hurt to know I'll never be there
Bet it sucks to see my face everywhere
It was you who chose to end it like you did
I was the last to know you knew
Exactly what you would do
And don't say you simply lost your way
She may believe you but I never will
Never again

If she really knows the truth she deserves you
A trophy wife, oh, how cute ignorance is bliss
But when your day comes and he's through with you
And he'll be through with you, you'll die together, but alone
You wrote me in a letter you couldn't say it right to my face
Well, give me that Sunday school answer, repent yourself away

Does it hurt to know I'll never be there
Bet it sucks to see my face everywhere
It was you who chose to end it like you did
I was the last to know you knew
Exactly what you would do
And don't say you simply lost your way
They may believe you, but I never will
Never again

Never again will I hear you
Never again will I miss you
Never again will I fall to you
Never

Never again will I kiss you
Never again will I want to
Never again will I love you
Never

Does it hurt to know I'll never be there
Bet it sucks to see my face everywhere
It was you who chose to end it like you did
I was the last to know you knew
Exactly what you would do
And don't say you simply lost your way
They may believe you, but I never will
I never will, I never will
Never again🎵

Once I was done singing the crowd went nuts and I smiled looking back at the band who was smiling. It was the best performance of that song we had ever had. Live is always better then practice. I looked in my family's box and they were freaking out loving it.
"Again congratulations to the happy couple. You two fuckers deserve each other." I said and they crowd went nuts. I saw Chris flip me off and I blew him a kiss.