Puppy Love -Chris Evans

I walked into the studio carrying a crate full of barking hyperactive puppies with help from my friend and co-worker Alexa.

"So explain to me again why we are here?" Alexa asked and I groaned as we directed to a green room so I could get the puppies out and put in the pen set on the floor.

"Come one Alexa, you know why we were here. I showed you the interviews. Buzzfeed contacted me about bringing some puppies up for adoption." I said and Alexa sighed as we got the puppies out.

"Okay but for who?" She asked and I shrugged.

"They didn't say honestly. Some celebrity that has a movie coming out soon I guess." I said and she smiled.

"Wouldn't it be amazing if it was Henry Cavill?!" Alexa said excited and just shook my head.

"We are here to bring puppies, not wonder who the celebrity is." I said and she groaned.

"What if it's Chris Evans?! Would you care then?" Alexa said and I glared at her.

"No, I wouldn't." I said and pulled the last puppy from my crate.

"What are you doing?! You brought Winnie?!" Alexa asked and I shrugged my shoulders. She whimpered when I put her in the pen so I held her.

"When are you just going to adopt her? I mean what if someone contacts us to adopt her from the interview?" Alexa asked and I sighed.

"I don't know, she deserves a home and not waiting on me." I said and Alexa petted her head that was resting on my arm.

"She needs you." Alexa said and I smiled down at Winnie. There was a knock on the door and I walked over to open it.

"Hey Mattie, do you think you could come with me? We like to introduce you to the person who will be doing the interview." Amelia, the director of the program asked and I nodded.

"Can I bring her with me? She is attached to me." I said and Amelia nodded and petted Winnie's head.

"I'll be right back." I said to Alexa and walked out of the room. I walked down the hall with Amelia and she knocked on the door and a woman answered.

"Come in." Amelia opened the door and I walked in after her.

"Hey, I just wanted to introduce Matilda Nixon. She is manager at the shelter where the puppies are from. I saw a blonde lady first and she smiled at me and the puppy. I was able to get a hand free and shook her hand.

"I'm Megan." She said and I smiled.

"Nice to meet you." I said and then she looked across the room and saw him. I controlled my breathing as best I could.

"I'm Chris." He said walking up to me. Chris fucking Evans was standing in front of me! This was not going to be okay.

-Okay Mattie...talk...stop staring and talk...- my mind was screaming at me. I smiled at Chris as I shook his hand he had extended.

"Hi, nice to meet you. I'm Mattie." I said and he smiled and then looked at the puppy asleep in my arms.

"And who is the cutie?" Chris asked petting her and getting down to her face. I smiled seeing his love for dogs wasn't an act.

"This is Winnie, she was born at the shelter and was close to death and I stayed at the shelter for 3 days to make sure she would make it so we have a special bond." I explained and Chris smiled.

"So is she for adoption or just yours you brought because you are like me and can't be separated from your dog long?" Chris asked and we all gave a small laugh.