Goodbye - Steve Rogers

The final war was fought, Thanos was gone and defeated

The final war was fought, Thanos was gone and defeated. It was time for everything to get back to normal. I had Steve back and I couldn't be happier, only he wasn't.

"I have to return the stones in the next few days." Steve said as we laid in bed together with my head on his chest.

"I know you keep telling me." I said and he sighed.

"Could be dangerous." Steve said and I sighed looked up at him.

"You got this Rogers. You know what to do. Don't be seen don't cause a scene and just come back." I said and he nodded.

"I don't want you there." Steve said.

"Why can't I be there? I want to make sure you come back. I can help Bruce out. I mean he only has the one good arm." I said and Steve sighed.

"May please." Steve said and sat up and I sat up with him.

"Steve, please. I need to be there...please." I said and Steve couldn't even look at me and I knew he was planning something.

"In case something goes wrong and I get stuck I would prefer you not be there." Steve said.

"No, you just wish I would stay home so someone can and tell me if something goes wrong. No Steve, I wont be staying here." I said and Steve placed a hand on my cheek.

"Please Mayven." Steve said and I groaned.

"Fine." I said and he sighed and leaned in giving me a small kiss.

"You know I love you." Steve said.

"I know, I love you too." I said. I looked into his eyes.

"Steve, you are coming back right?" I asked and he smiled and he nodded.

"Why wouldn't I come back?" Steve asked.

"That's not an answer." I said. Steve laid back down and pulled me back to him to lay my had back on his chest and I heard his heart beating. He kissed the top of my head.

"I miss the old Steve. The Steve who would give for the world but also for his friends. Now you are just Steve, Captain America, nothing else matters...not even me." I said.

"What are you saying May?" Steve asked and I shrugged.

"You've change but so I have I, I guess." I said.

"Where is this coming from?" Steve asked.

"Just how I feel. I'm just scared Steve."

"Of?" Steve asked.

I looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"Losing you." I said. He leaned down and passionately kissed me. The room went silent and we just laid there in dead silence but the voices in my head were screaming as loud as they could.