Hey There Delilah - Colin Shea

***EARLY 2000's***

***EARLY 2000's***

I walked into my apartment after a long day of college. I had just transferred to New York University for the better program I needed. The problem was in coming to New York, I left my boyfriend of 2 years Colin Shea behind. I was going to be here and he was going to be in Boston. We promised we would travel and make it work but things were getting hard. When he was available to talk, I was in class and when I could talk he was either playing a gig with his band, practicing for a gig or sleeping so he was rested for a gig.

Everyone told us we were stupid to hold on being together while we were going to be apart for 2 years but nothing was going to break Colin and I up, we knew that. I loved Colin and I saw a future with him and I knew he saw the same.

I sat on my couch knowing I had homework to do but I just wanted to talk to Colin. I saw I had some messages on my answering machine and sighed. I hit the play button as I walked into the kitchen and listened.

"Hey Delilah, it mom and dad. We just wanted to call and check in. We know it can't be easy being there alone in the big city. We are so proud of you though and we love you. Call us back when you can." I heard the message say and I just sighed and sat back down after getting a bottle of water.

"Lilah." His voice made my head snap to the answering machine, I knew the voice saying my name...Colin. "Hey sweetie, I know you're in class and wont get this until you get out but I have to tell you, you have been on my mind so much lately and I wrote a song for you. I'm going to play it for you on the answering machine on a new message so this one doesn't cut me off but I just wanted to let you know I love you and I miss you so much." Colin said and I heard the beep of the message ending.

The next started playing and I heard him playing guitar to start off and then he started singing.

🎵 Hey there Delilah, what's it like in New York City?
I'm a thousand miles away, but girl, tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do
Times Square can't shine as bright as you, I swear it's true
Hey there Delilah, don't you worry about the distance
I'm right there if you get lonely give this song another listen
Close your eyes
Listen to my voice, it's my disguise, I'm by your side
Oh, it's what you do to me
Oh, it's what you do to me, what you do to me
Hey there Delilah, I know times are getting hard
But just believe me, girl, someday I'll pay the bills with this guitar
We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would, my word is good
Hey there Delilah, I've got so much left to say
If every simple song I wrote to you would take your breath away
I'd write it all
Even more in love with me you'd fall, we'd have it all
Oh, it's what you do to me
A thousand miles seems pretty far
But they've got planes and trains and cars
I'd walk to you if I had no other way
Our friends would all make fun of us
And we'll just laugh along because
We know that none of them have felt this way
Delilah, I can promise you that by the time we get through
The world will never ever be the same, and you're to blame
Hey there Delilah, you be good and don't you miss me
Two more years and you'll be done with school
And I'll be making history
Like I do
You'll know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah, here's to you
This one's for you
Oh, it's what you do to me
What you do to me
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh-oh, oh-oh
Oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh, oh-oh 🎵

Once he was done singing the and message turned off I wiped tears away. This man wrote me a song and it explained us perfectly. Then the machine beeped again.

"I know you're a balling mess right now but open the door baby."

Confused, I rushed to the door and there he was...Colin Shea. Suitcase and guitar case sitting at his feet.

"You up for a visitor?" Colin asked and I threw my arms around his neck and just held on to him. Once I pulled back I passionately kissed him and started to pull him into my apartment but he stopped me and grabbed his things and then came inside. Our lips attaching to each other's again.

Clothes were quickly shed as we made the way to the bedroom. Once we were naked Colin laid me down on the bed and hovered over me.

"Happy to see me?" Colin asked with a smile and I giggled with a nod.

"You have no idea Colin" I said as he reached a hand down between us running a finger up and down my wet slit and I slightly threw my head back fluttering my eyes closed.

"I think I have a good idea." Colin growled and I reached between us and gripped on to him squeezing slightly and he sucked in a breath. I then guided him to my entrance and he moved his hand. He knew I was ready for him as he slowly slid into me. I arch my back with a small squeal as he did. Colin took advantage of me being close and attached his lips to my neck as I wrapped my legs around his waist and arms around his neck to hold on.

I laid back down on the bed and Colin took my hands from around his neck and pinned them above my head on the bed and I smiled up at him. As he was slowly stroking in and out of me. Colin leaned down and started kissing my neck, down to my chest and then down to my breast. He took a nipple in his mouth and I cried out as he gently bit. He flicked it with his tongue and then blew on it and I took a shuttered breath. I looked at Colin and he was smiling as he moved to the other and his the same.

"Colin...please..." I begged and he knew what I wanted, I wanted faster and harder. I wanted to be pounded into the mattress.

"Your beg is my command." Colin grinned and started pounding into me hard and cried out at the quick and sudden change I asked for. He released my hands and I placed them on his upper arms and dug them in, clinging to, searching for the earth that Colin is taking me out of with each thrust. He knew what he was doing as he pounded into me. I felt everything inside of me tense up, the coilin my belly was tight and ready to break, my breath hitched and I wrapped my legs tighter around Colin. He knew I was close so he took a hand and moved it between us and started with my sensitive bundle of nerves between us.

"Come for me Liliah, I need to see you covering me, I need to feel you clench me." Colin growled and that was all it took for me to release all over and around him as I screamed out his name. He was soon releasing after me grunting my name repeatedly as he thrusts his hard thrust emptying himself into me.

Once we were both released and sedated Colin rolled off of me, we covered up as I cuddled into his side and placed my head on his chest and he wrapped an arm around me and was stroking my hair. We were both silent for a few minutes.

🎵 You'll know it's all because of you
We can do whatever we want to
Hey there Delilah, here's to you
This one's for you
Oh, it's what you do to me
Oh, it's what you do to me 🎵

Colin said this to me in a whisper in bed and I smiled at him.

"Thank you for being here. I needed you near me." I said to him, he leaned down and kissed me.

"I'm not going anywhere Liliah." Colin said and I smiled as we cuddled in the bed together.

***2006***

"This next song was written by a very special guy for his very special girl! They are here tonight celebrating their 5-year wedding anniversary! Colin and Delilah, Happy Anniversary and this song is for the two of you!" Tom Higgenson, lead singer of The Plain White T's said as he started playing 'Hey There Delilah' at his concert in Boston that Colin and I were VIP guest at.

Colin looked at turned to look at me as the song played.

"I never thought I would hear this song on stage somewhere..." Colin said and I leaned in and kissed him.

"I'm so proud of you Colin." I said and he smiled and kissed me. Once we broke apart I looked at Colin and smiled.

"Everything okay?" Colin asked and I smiled taking his hand and placing it on my still flat stomach, but he quickly understood.

"Everything is perfect." I said. Colin picked me up and spun me around and then passionately kissed me.

"We have it all, just like the song said wewould." I said and Colin nodded. He got behind me and wrapped his arms aroundme from behind and leaned back into him as we finished listening to the songthat was originally sang to me on an answering machine, when we were apart.