Misery Loves Company - Cole Turner

A/N: THIS IS NOW A FULL STORY: MISERY LOVES COMPANY

I was driving down a country road in upstate Washington D.C. This was not what I had in mind to be doing at this moment in my life.

But when the CIA headquarters in Washington calls you at you CIA office in Columbus, Ohio you take the call.

***FLASHBACK***

"Agent Rhodes." I heard my voice called out from my boss's office. I stood up from my desk and walked to his office. "Shut the door." He said and I did as I was told.

"Am I in trouble sir?" I asked.

"No Agent Rhodes but you are going to Washington D.C."

"Sir, I haven't been on a mission in years since I got hurt. Why now?" I asked.

"This isn't a mission, Agent Rhodes. This is about your sister Agent Sadie Rhodes."

"What about my sister?" I asked.

"When was the last time you spoke to your sister?"

"Um...we were estranged sir. We haven't spoken in 5 years." I said looking at the floor feeling like an idiot explaining this.

"Oh, well I hate to be the one to tell you this but your sister, Agent Sadie Rhodes, was killed on her last mission."

I couldn't feel my legs anymore and I fell into the chair I was standing in front of. Sadie was gone. It had been 5 years since we spoke and we didn't even end our last conversation on the best of terms then. I just sat there running this through my head.

"Are you sure sir?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes Agent Rhodes. The Washington office called. They were wondering if you could go to her apartment and clean it out."

"Right now?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yes Agent Rhodes, you can also plan the funeral while you're there. They are wanting this cleaned up within 2 weeks." He said and I half nodded standing up.

"I will go home and pack..." I said.

"The jet will be fueled and ready to go in an hour."

"I would rather drive sir. Clear my head." I said and he half nodded.

"If you wish. Agent Connors will meet you at your sister's apartment tomorrow." He said and I nodded and went to leave the office. "And Agent Rhodes..."

"Yes?"

"I'm sorry for your loss." He said and I just nodded and walked out of his office.

The rest was a blur, the packing a bag for a couple weeks, getting everything set up and then driving the six and half hours to my sister apartment.