Turn Back Time - Nick Vaughan

"So are you going?" My best friend Eve asked as we sat in my living room at my house in Seattle Washington

"Cross country for a College Mixer since we haven't been together in 15 years. Yeah....no, not going." I said and she sighed.

"Why not? It could be fun! See some old friends...." Eve trailed off and I just glared at her.

"What makes you I would want to see friends or him?" I asked and she sighed.

"Because you still talk about him and think about him, you know you do." Eve said.

"Right because of how we ended. He dumped me at graduation because he decided he was going to go to New York when the plan was always Seattle." I said and she sighed.
"So you came to Seattle and haven't seen or heard from him since?" Eve asked.

"Nope and I don't plan to. I'm not going to New York." I said.

"You are such a baby. What if I go with you?" Eve asked and I sighed.

"You would do that?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yes Rose, why would I lie? If I go with you I can keep you away from Nick and you can even introduce me as you girlfriend if it would make you feel better." Eve said and we both laughed.

"Wow, that's a big step, I don't even remember asking you out." I said.

"Bitch please, I asked you out." Eve said and we laughed again.

"I will think about it okay. I have about 2 weeks until the RSVP deadline." I said and she nodded.

"Well make your choice fast, I need to prepare." Eve said and I rolled my eyes.

*****1 MONTH LATER*****

I was getting of the plan in New York by myself, Eve wasn't able to come with me. She had a family emergency and I figured it may have been for the best. I had always relished her in Nick Vaughn stories that I wasn't sure how she would react to meeting him. Once I got my suitcase I headed directly to the hotel to get settled. I knew the mixer was tonight and I would kick myself for not getting in to town earlier to deal with the jetlag. I just sighed and pulled my outfit out of my suitcase and started planning everything and hyping myself up to see people tonight. As I was about to jump in the shower my cellphone went off.

EVE: You make it?

ROSE: Yeah about to shower noe and get ready.

EVE: What are you wearing?

ROSE: Red sequined top with the black skinny jeans and black high heels.

EVE: Sexy! Make that man see what he is missing. Text me later?

ROSE: Of course. Love ya!

I got in the shower and finished getting ready wearing my hair down with loose flowing curls. I was so nervous as I walked to bar knowing it was only 3 blocks away from the hotel and it was in a pretty safe neighborhood. I stopped outside the bar looking through the big window seeing tons of classmates already inside but upon my quick inspection I did not see Nick. I took a deep breath and walking in. Someone took my coat and checked it, I then walked up to the check in table they had and grabbed my nametag. I was dreading this already. I made my way to the bar and ordered a drink.