Too Late? Pt. 2 - Is It Just Me - Chris Evans

I was sitting in my room at my house getting ready for the movie premiere of Chris'. I looked at my manager.

"You know this isn't smart at all." I said as my hair was done.

"With the skeptical you made the other night on Jimmy Fallon we need to do something to clean this up and you showing up to the premiere even without Chris shows a supportive ex." Maggie, my manager said and I groaned.

"I don't want to see him. He is probably bringing her now that I put it out there." I said and Maggie shook his head.

"He is going alone. Listen, I'm not asking you to go to the after party. Just go to the premiere, see a movie and come back home if you want. I will have your pajama's waiting for you." Maggie said and I smiled.

"Thanks Maggie." I said and I went to the bathroom to get my dress on once my hair and make-up were done.

"You put her in a lot of waterproof make-up right?" Maggie asked the make-up team and they nodded. Once I was dressed my car arrived and I left for the premiere. Maggie was in the car with me and I sighed as we arrived.

"When did he get here?" I asked.

"2 cars before you." Maggie said and I looked at her annoyed knowing I would see him most likely on the carpet. I got out of my town car and I instantly was blinded by the cameras in shock I showed up. I heard a lot of questions being yelled by photographers. Maggie moved me along after a few minutes of posing. I looked down the red carpet and saw Chris doing an interview and he saw me. I gave a small smile and he gave the same. I stopped to do interviews since Maggie made me.

"Peyton! I must say we are all shocked to see you here today after the very public break up on Jimmy Fallon. We see you aren't here with Chris, does he know you are here?" The reporter asked and I sighed.

"He does, he just saw me. Listen, we may have broken up but I still support him like I know he still supports me." I said and she nodded.

"Do you think you two will be able to work things out? I mean when we talked to him he said he misses you." The reporter asked.

"I'm not sure what the future holds for Chris and I. He is an amazing man though I wish him nothing but the best on his movie premiere tonight and future endeavors." I said. I hated smiling through this damn interview. After a few more questions about my new music I was ushered to a couple more interviews and they were all the same and I just wanted to take pen and jam it in my eye, it would be less painful than these interviews. Once I was done with the interviews Maggie ushered me to some photo ops and I saw Chris standing there.

"Maggie..." I groaned.

"Shows a united front." She said and I sighed and walked up to Chris and smiled, mostly for the cameras when I knew inside I was dying and he was too. He placed his arm around me low on my waist and my arm went around his.

"Hi." Chris said as we smiled for the cameras.

"Hi." I said and he smiled at me.

"Thanks for coming." Chris said and I looked at him.

"Of course Chris, I will always support you. I do care about you." I said and he smiled.

"I care about you too." Chris said.

"I really fucked us up." I said and he shook his head.

"I did that. But the blonde girl you wrote about wasn't anything, just dinner." Chris said and I sighed.

"Hard to trust Chris, I'm sorry." I said and he half nodded.

"Are you coming to the afterparty?" Chris asked and I shook my head slightly

"No, going home after the movie." I said and he nodded.

"Can I call you sometime soon? I really want to talk." Chris said and I sighed but still smiled for all the damn flashes.

"Yeah, that would be fine." I said and Chris smiled and leaned in and kissed my cheek and then leaned into my ear.

"I still love you Pey." Chris said and I damn near died.

"Don't Chris." I said and he sighed. He then leaned back and went kept walking down the carpet and I followed after a couple of minutes.

✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

After the premiere I headed straight home, I was not going to any party to see anyone or deal with more press. I walked in my house and Maggie didn't lie, she had my pajama shorts and tank top sitting on my bed and I laughed. I changed and hung the dress up and took off all the makeup and put my hair in a braid, I wanted to be comfy. I walked back out to my sitting room and sat at my piano and started playing a melody of a song I wrote the night before.

🎵It's funny cause I've always dreamed of me and you now here we are
Staring at the stars
You just broke my heart even though you promised you'd never do that from the start
But I guess we can only make it so far
Cause time wasn't in our favor
This isn't "goodbye", this is simply "see you later"
Let me know when it's time to come back
Maybe when your life is on track
And you don't have to hesitate
Hopefully it isn't too late
Luckily for you I'm patient
I'm OK with you making me wait and
As long as you're near, I'll be here
Even if it takes ten years
Can't fall in love, when I found the one, how am I supposed to move on
When you're never really too far gone?
The memories won't go away, I feel pain every time I hear your name
But I always think of you the same
Cause time wasn't in our favor
This isn't "goodbye", this is simply "see you later"
Let me know when it's time to come back
Maybe when your life is on track
And you don't have to hesitate
Hopefully it isn't too late
Luckily for you I'm patient
I'm OK with you making me wait and
As long as you're near, I'll be here
Even if it takes ten years
Let me know when it's time to come back
Maybe when your life is on track
And you don't have to hesitate
Hopefully it isn't too late
Luckily for you I'm patient
I'm OK with you making me wait and
As long as you're near, I'll be here
Even if it takes ten years
Even if it takes ten years🎵

"Well I'm hoping for it not to take ten years." I heard a voice say and I looked up to see Chris leaning on the frame to the room entrance.

"How did you get in?" I asked and Chris held up his key he had to my house and I nodded. He walked over to me and sat next to me.

"No after party for you?" I asked and she shook his head.

"I felt like I needed to be here." Chris said and I sighed.

"So this song, does it mean there still might be hope?" Chris asked. I sighed and just placed my head on his shoulder and he placed his head on mine.

"Possibly." I said and I knew he was smiling.