If You Love Her - Steve Rogers

Steve walked up to the door leading to the lab and saw Tony working in there

Steve walked up to the door leading to the lab and saw Tony working in there. He was hoping he was alone, he needed to talk to him.

"You going to hang out in the doorway all day Capsicle or come in?" Tony asked and Steve gave a smirk.

"Just was seeing what was going on." Steve said walking in.

"You sure it isn't because you have been ignoring my daughter for 2 days and you want to explain that to me?" Tony asked and Steve sighed.

"I haven't been ignoring Vega..." Steve said.

"Rogers, she lives here at the compoud. I may not be the worlds greatest dad or anything but I know when she is hurting." Tony said and Steve sighed.

"I didn't mean to hurt her I just had to get something in order." Steve said. Tony finally turned to look at him.

"Things in order, what things?" Tony asked and Steve sighed. He pulled the ring box from his pocket and set it on the table. Tony looked down at it and picked it up.

"What's this?" Tony asked and Steve gave a small nod.

"Open it." Steve said. Tony opened it to show a diamond engagement ring. "It was my mothers and I had to go get it from the safety deposit box." Steve said and Tony nodded.

"Steve, I like you and all but I don't think Pepper would be too happy if I accepted this." Tony said and both men chuckled.

"Tony...." Steve trailed off as Tony handed him back the ring box.

"Steve..." Tony said. He wanted to hear it. He knew what he was asking for but he wanted Steve to asked the question.

"Tony, I want to ask for you permission to ask Vega to marry me." Steve said. Even thought Tony knew it was coming he felt his heart sink slightly. Vega was his baby, his daughter, his world.

"Steve you know I think of you as an annoying son sometimes even though you are way older than me." Tony said and they both laughed.

"A son...really?" Steve asked.

"Yes Steve a son...brother maybe. I also know when you saw Vega you were a goner, there was no going back for you and they was no going back for her. She loves you Steve but there are thing about her I don't think you know yet." Tony said.

"What do you mean Tony?" Steve asked confused.

"Well for starters she always has trouble falling asleep. She loves pop songs and dancing, and bad trash TV. Two of her major things." Tony said and both men laughed.

"I did know the bad trash TV unfortunately." Steve said with a laugh.

"There's still a few other things. Ready for the list." Tony said and Steve sighed with a smile.

"Lay it on me." Steve said.

"She loves love notes and babies and likes giving gifts. Has a hard time accepting a good compliment. She loves her whole family and all of her friends." Tony said and Steve nodded.

"Anything else?" Steve asked.

"I think the most major one is when she doesn't notice how pretty she is, tell her over and over so she never forgets." Tony said and Steve smiled.

"That will never be a problem." Steve said.

"So Steve, if you're the one she lets in...take it, if she gives you her heart, don't you break it. Let your arms be a place she feels safe in. She's the best thing that you'll ever have, She'll love you, if you love her. On days when it feels like the whole world might cave in, stand side by side and you'll make it. She's the best thing that you'll ever have she'll love you, if you love her like that." Tony said with tears in his eyes. Steve sighed and nodded.

"I love her Tony, that will never change. I can't find myself loving anyone else the way I love her." Steve said and Tony stuck his hand out to Steve and shook his hand.

"All I ask is you make her happy and love her Steve. If you promise me you can do that, you have my blessing." Tony said and Steve smiled. "Now go get your girl Steve." Tony said and Steve rushed from the Lab to go to Vega's room in the compound.

*****VEGA POV*****

I was sitting in my room typing up some notes from a recent mission which is what I did for my dad when I had nothing else to do and since Steve had gone missing over the past few days pissing me off. Telling me he had things he needed to get done. I was taking a break from work and stretching when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in." I said and I looked to see a bunch of daises and sunflowers enter the room before the person. I sighed knowing who it was.

"Can I help you Captain?" I asked and he sighed walking in the room.

"Vega..." Steve said and I sighed taking the flowers from him as he walked up to me.

"Steve, I'm made at you." I said and he leaned in to kiss me. He didn't stop when I said I was mad and his lip connected to mine in a sweet kiss. Once we broke apart I looked at him and smiled shaking my head.

"Damnit Steve...you bring me my favorite flowers and kiss me like that and want me to forgive you like nothing." I said and he laughed.

"Language love." Steve said giving me another sweet kiss.

"Where have you been?" I asked and Steve sighed.

"Vega I had something I had to do and I wanted to make sure everything was set up. Can I take you somewhere?" Steve asked and I sighed and nodded. I got my shoes on and we headed to the motorcycle and drove off. We drove for a while and I loved being on the bike with Steve, I felt safe and like it was just us 2 in the entire world. Steve drove from the compound to a tiny neighborhood and I saw a lot of houses and kids out in the front yards playing which made me smile. He pulled up to a house that had a sold sign in the front yard.

"Steve this is someone's house." I said as he took my hand once we were off the bike and we headed to the front porch.

"I know, it's ours Vega, it's for us. Our home for the future." Steve said and I smiled at him confused.

"I don't understand Steve." I said and he smiled getting down on one knee and pulled out the ring box from his pocket.

"Vega Stark you captured my heart from the minute my eyes met your green eyes. They were piercing and I couldn't get them out of my mind. Every mission I went on you were my guiding light to come home. You are everything to me and I want to spend the rest of our lives together, have kids, grandkids...all of it maybe even a dog. I love you Vega, will you marry me?" Steve asked opened the ring box and I had tears streaming down my face. I felt my legs give out and I was on my knees was Steve. He leaned in and wiped away my tears.

 He leaned in and wiped away my tears

"Yes Steve." I said and he smiled and passionatelykissed me, placing the ring on my finger.