Through The Years - Chris Evans

I pulled in and then just sat in the car in the driveway of my childhood home I groaned when I saw all the cars parked in the driveway

I pulled in and then just sat in the car in the driveway of my childhood home I groaned when I saw all the cars parked in the driveway. All the cars could only prove one thing, the Evans family was visiting. Only my family would do this to me my first time back in town after being gone for 2 years. I had been living in Chicago starting my own event planner business and it was going amazingly well. My parents informed me I had to come home and help my little sister plan her wedding which I was not happy about. I got out of my car ready to go into the chaos. I wore black jeans, open toes kitten heels, a sky-blue button up silk blouse with a black lacy camisole underneath that could been since the button up was open near the top. I walked in the house and heard a lot of people talking, as I quietly closed the door I felt my arm grabbed and I was pulled into the side room no one was in. I looked at saw Scott Evans and I smiled giving him a huge hug. Scott and I were close and he was one of the few people I was happy to see.

"Thank god you are here. I was about to go crazy." Scott smiled.

"How did you even know I was here?" I asked confused.

"I saw you pull in and just sit in your car. Lacey, you can't hide forever." Scott said.

"Why? I was doing so well hiding in Chicago." I said and he smiled.

"Yeah but if you stay away forever you leave me with these crazies." Scott said and I laughed. He handed me a glass he had in one of his hands.

"Please tell me this is something strong." I said and he nodded.

"Whiskey, only the best." Scott said and I stood on my tip toes and kissed his cheek.

"This is why I love you." I said and he smiled. I then sighed.

"Is he here?" I asked and Scott gave a small laugh.

"Yeah, he is." Scott said and I groaned.

"Ready to go in there?" Scott asked and I nodded.

"Let's go." I said and linked my arm in Scott's. We walked into the living room.

"Look who I found!" Scott announced and I elbowed him in the ribs. Everyone looked in my direction.

"Lacey!" My little sister, Molly screamed and ran over to me hugged me.

"Hey Molls. I missed you so much." I said calling her by her nickname.

"We all missed you." My mom Daphne said and I hugged my mom.

"Hey mom." I said and then went to my dad, Jay.

"Hey baby girl." My dad said and I smiled.

"Hey." I said. I then saw Scott's mom and siblings and I hugged all of them until I got to the one I wanted to ignore.

"Chris." I said and crossed my standing in front of him.

"Lacey." He said. My sister come rushing over.