Marry Me - Chris Evans

I was standing behind my best friend Shanna Evans and she got married and I just kept feeling person behind me tickling my side with just a few fingers, making it subtle no one could see. I groaned as I just slightly shook my head. He would snicker when I shook my head and I could not waiting until we weren't in front of everyone anymore. I noticed he had moved closer to me, I took my shot and elbowed him in the gut and I heard him grunt. I hid my laughter. We heard someone subtly clear their throat and looked to see Lisa, Shanna and Chris's mom glaring at us. Chris Evans....the man who was messing with me and my best friend since we were kids and he protected me from the bully on the playground. We decided to behave the rest of the ceremony. As I went to walk back up the aisle with my escort Chris took his spot and I laughed.

"Shanna is going to be made you messed up the lineup." I said and he shook his head.

"I told her I was doing this. You are my forever wedding date, I only get to walk with you." Chris said and I smiled up at him. I laughed as we lined up in a receiving line to greet all the guest. Guest started coming through the line and we greeted everyone and then it was time for pictures.

"I want some with just Chris and Riley." Lisa said once we were almost done. We both groaned.

"Come on your two, last night pictures I have of you two dressed up like this was prom. Can you give me a few nice photos?" She asked and we sighed but posed for a few photos then took some funny ones. Once we were done we headed to the reception and sat at our table and I loved knowing I was next to Chris.

"By the way your mom lied earlier." I said and Chris as we ate dinner.

"What do you mean?" Chris asked.

"The last pictures of us together dressed up was Endgame premiere." I said and Chris did his classic laugh placing his hand on his chest and I just shook my head and laughed.
"She wants us together so bad." I said and Chris smiled at me.

"I know, everyone does." Chris said and I shook my head.

"We are just good with what he have right? Best friends and each other's forever date to events?" I asked and Chris nodded.

"I have you by my side, that's all I want." Chris said and I smiled as we continued eating. Soon it was time for all wedding dancing, Chris and I loved being on the dance floor all slow songs or even upbeat fast songs. Chris was the best guy friend I could ever ask. He was my only guy friend. Ever since he saved me from bullies he was stuck to my side and never left me. All through school it was Chris and I. We lost count how many times our moms were called to the school to hear about some shenanigans we got into that usually got us in some form of trouble. When Chris joined theater club in high school showing he was trying to change and I could see it, I knew he was going to make a name for himself. When he got a part our senior year in a play I went to every show, all 6 of them. I was so proud of him. After we graduated Chris went to California, I stayed in Boston. It felt like a piece of me was missing until I could see him again. We had started our always each other's date when he needed a date to the premiere of Not Another Teen Movie since he didn't want to go alone. We made it clear to all the press I was a friend and not a girlfriend and they got used to seeing me since I was his date to mostly everything he attended. Now when either of us dated someone we backed off but we always came back around when the break ups would happen. I couldn't imagine my life without Chris and I knew he felt the same way. We knew we would always be each other's person. I was on the dance floor with Chris and I was the last dance of the night, a slow dance and he sighed.

"You still staying at my house tonight?" Chris asked and I nodded.

"If you and Dodger don't mind. I don't feel like driving back to Salem tonight." I said and Chris nodded.