Up Your Ass Joni - Ransom Drysdale

"Why the hell am I here again?" I asked getting out of my sister Joni's car at her father in laws house

"Because Kylie, Meg and I were invited for a summer cook out and since you were just dumped you could do with getting out of the house." Joni said and I groaned.

"God mom! Show some sympathy." Meg said and I smiled at her.

"It's alright Meg, you mom doesn't know what that means. You forget I grew up with her." I said she groaned as we all walked into the house and we were ushered out the backdoors to the back deck.

"Joni, you made it." An older gentleman said and I knew who he was and I smiled. "And you brought Kylie." He said and got up to hug me.

"Hi Harlan, you're looking good." I said and he smiled.

"You flatter this old man." He said as we laughed and he sat down. Joni was already trying to be big social butterfly of the party. I was standing off to the side contemplating just hiding in the shadows all night.

"They will find you eventually you know." I heard a voice say coming up beside me and I smiled as he handed me a glass of whiskey.

"I don't think so, see I have it mastered if I stand very still, don't make any sudden movements and I can just blend in." I said and looked at Hugh Ransom Drysdale. Joni's nephew by marriage. He was only a year or so older than me. The last time I saw him was Joni's husbands wake and he only came because there was free booze.

"See if that were only true, not with this crowd. But I do know a place we can go to and hide where no one will find us." Ransom said and I just looked at him.

"Oh really...where would this secret hideout be? Your bedroom perhaps." I said and he feigned hurt.

"I'm shocked to think so little of me Ky." Ransom said and I huffed a laugh.

"I think I'm okay Ransom." I said and he smiled.

"Well enjoy the party wallflower. You want to escape, come find me." Ransom said, kissed my cheek and walked away. I sighed and leaned against the wall and sipped my whiskey.

"Kylie! Come over here!" Joni bellowed for me and I sighed and walked over to where she was sitting talking to Linda and Richard, Ransom's parents. I smiled as I sat down.

"I was just telling them about your recent break up..." Joni said and I groaned.

"Joni, for the love of god." I said and went to get up and she grabbed my wrist.

"Don't embarrass me at this party." She mumbled to me.

"Don't make me punch you at this party." I mumbled back. I sighed but then looked at Linda and Richard and now Ransom who was standing behind his parents.

"Yeah okay fine, I just went through a breakup, guy was an ass, wasted 3 years of life, no ring and was fucking his teaching aid for the college course he was teaching." I said and everyone just looked at me how blunt I was.