Someday - Chris Evans

I walked into my parents' house and the BBQ/July 4th bash was in full swing

I walked into my parents' house and the BBQ/July 4th bash was in full swing. I already heard someone set up karaoke. This was something they did every year and this year was a little different I heard they invited my ex-boyfriend and I was bringing my current boyfriend.

"We should find my parents first." I said to my boyfriend Jensen and he nodded.

"Before we do that..." Jensen said and pulled me close to him and passionately kissed me and I smiled once we broke apart.

"What was that for?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Because I can tell you at nervous for be back and around Chris again." Jensen said and sighed.

"It's fine, I heard he brought someone and any way Chris and I are way over. He made his choice a couple years ago. Then I found you." I said and Jensen smiled as we intertwined our fingers and he held my hand as I led him though the party to find my parents.

"There they are!" My mom Dorothy said seeing Jensen and I walk up.

"Hey momma!" I said and hugged her. She then hugged Jensen.

"Where is daddy?" I asked my mom. She pointed over to the group of men playing cornhole and I saw Chris with him.

"You want to go with me or wait here with mom?" I asked Jensen since I knew he saw Chris was on my dad's team.

"I'll come with." Jensen said and I smiled as we walked over to my dad. He was about to take a shot and I quickly took the beanbag from his hand and tossed it and I got it through the hole. My dad Oscar was about to be mad until he saw me and he wrapped me in a bear hug.

"Ari!" My dad said hugging me and I smiled, once he released and he shook Jensen's hand.

"Jensen, great to see you again. Thanks for making it to the party." My dad said. I looked past my dad and saw Chris.

"Hey." I said and he smiled.

"Hey Winnie." Chris said. He never called me Ari or even Arwen it was always Winnie.

"Chris, you remember my boyfriend Jensen Ackles." I said and they shook hands.

"Right. Nice to see you again." Chris said and Jensen nodded. About that time a girl came walking up to Chris.

"Jenny this is Arwen and her boyfriend Jensen." Chris said introducing everyone.

"Wait...the famous Winnie?! The one who convinced the Chris to go skydiving but then would jump out of the plane herself?" Jenny asked and we all laughed.

"Out of all the stories you could have told, that's what you picked?" I asked Chris and he shrugged.

"Well didn't think you would appreciate the skinny-dipping story..." Chris said and I looked at him shocked and shoved him.

"Chris!!" I said and we started laughing. This was what I loved about Chris and I. I always played out the worse scenario in my head but we always fell back into a perfect rhythm when we were together.

"Excuse me?! When did you skinny dip?" Oscar asked and I smiled at my dad.

"Never. Chris is being a jerk." I said smiled as my dad walked away. Jensen leaned in close to my ear.

"I want to hear this story later." Jensen said and I smiled and laughed.

"Maybe." I said with a wink and then I looked back at Chris and Jenny.

"Any chance you two will be doing karaoke later?" I asked changing the subject. Jenny shook her head.

"Heck no! Maybe Chris." Jenny said and I nodded.

"You should." I said and Chris smiled.

"Only if you do." Chris said.

"Not really far to ask me Chris. I sing for a living." I said and he nodded.

"Give everyone a treat." Chris said and I shrugged.

"Maybe. Jensen should sing too." I said and he sighed.

"You pick the song, I'll sing it." Jensen said and I smiled kissing his cheek.

🎆🎆🎆🎆🎆

A few hours layers Jensen just got done singing Sister Christian and I cheered. I loved hearing him sing that song. Once he was done I saw Chris get up and then go to the mic.

"Come on Winnie, before the fireworks start. I have a song for us." Chris said and shook my head.

"No Chris..." I groaned. Jensen, Jenny and my parents urged me on the stage. I looked at Chris slightly annoyed. The song started playing and looked at Chris and shook my head.

"This won't go over well." I said and Chris smiled as he started signing.

CHRIS:
🎵I love seeing you happy
I miss seeing that smile
It's been such a long time
And although I don't have you
I know now that I need to
Somehow make you mine
And I won't lie
It's hard seeing you with him
Cause I know he can't hold you like I can

BOTH:
Someday maybe when we're old and grey
We could be in love once more
Til then I won't give my love away
Darling, I'm forever only yours

WINNIE:
I remember that love song
I sang every word wrong
But you didn't mind
No, no
And I'll admit that I miss you
But only if you do
Cause you know that I'm shy
And I can't lie
It's hard seeing you with her
Cause I know she can't love you like I can

BOTH:
Someday maybe when we're old and grey
We could be in love once more
Til then I won't give my love away
Darling, I'm forever only yours
If my loving works for you then
We've got nothing to lose
Cause I'm forever only yours
(CHRIS: In love once more, once more, once more)
No need to complicate it
That smile is worth the wait, yeah
I'm forever only yours    
Someday maybe
Someday maybe
Someday maybe I'll be yours
Someday maybe (CHRIS: someday maybe)
Someday maybe I'll be yours (CHRIS: someday maybe I'll be yours)
Someday maybe when we're old and grey
We could be in love once more
Til then I won't give my love away
Darling, I'm forever only yours
If my loving works for you then
We've got nothing to lose
Cause I'm forever only yours (WINNIE: someday maybe I'll be yours)
No need to complicate it
That smile is worth the wait, yeah
I'm forever only yours (WINNIE: someday maybe I'll be yours)
Now, I'm forever only yours (WINNIE: I'm only yours, I said now)
I'm forever only yours🎵

Once we finished singing Chris grabbed my hand and pulled me to him and passionately kissed me. After a couple minutes we broke apart when we noticed the fireworks started. Chris placed a hand on my cheek.

"I don't want someday, I want now. I was an idiot to let you go. You don't want to be with Jensen, he doesn't make you happy, not like I did. He is a place filler, so is Jenny. I need you in my life Winnie." Chris said and I sighed and passionately kissed him again.

"Someday is now." I said once we broke apart and Chris smiled.