Virtual Meet Up - Chris Evans

I hated this damn pandemic, it was making my job a lot harder than it needed to be

I hated this damn pandemic, it was making my job a lot harder than it needed to be. I just wanted to interview these people face to face, I missed face to face contact and human interaction. Yet, here I am waiting in a Que waiting to interview Chris Evans on a little bit of anything and everything but mostly his most current Apple tv show Defending Jacob.

"You still waiting?" My friend and roommate Alexis asked and I nodded sitting at our dining room table. She tossed me my earbuds that she had borrowed and then had to find.

"Thank you." I said and she smiled.

"I don't know why you won't let me listen in?" She asked and I shook my head.

"So you can freak out hearing his voice, I don't think so." I said and she rolled her eyes.

"I'll just go to my room." Alexis said and walked into her bedroom and shut the door. I rolled my eyes at her attitude. This was not a social zoom call with a friend, this was a work call. I sat just looking over my notes and making sure everything was set up and ready to go.

"Haven?" I heard my name called and I perked up and I saw a blonde lady on the screen.

"Yes, hi." I said and she smiled.

"Hi, thanks for waiting. You are from Variety magazine right? She asked.

"Yes ma'am I took over for Toby when she retired." I said and the lady smiled.

"Sounds great, I'm about to connect you with Chris, you will have anywhere from 10-15 minutes with him. Do you have everything ready?" She asked and I nodded and then made sure I looked good in my own camera.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I said and then next thing I know the blonde woman who I figured was his assistant setting everything up disappear and Chris came on the screen.

"Hi Mr. Evans, my name is Haven and I'm from Variety magazine. I took over for Toby, she retired." I said and he nodded with a smile.

"Nice to meet you Haven, please call me Chris. Are you ready to begin?" Chris asked and I nodded.

I went about asking him tons of questions about the show and how it was to be an executive producer of the show. I was finishing up all my questions when Chris looked at me and smiled.

"Well I believe that's all I have. You made this interview super easy, thank you." I said and Chris laughed.

"Well you made me feel comfortable so thank you." Chris said and I smiled.

"Maybe soon we can do interviews face to face not screen to screen." I said and Chris laughed.

"Yeah, I miss human interaction." Chris said and I nodded.

"Me too." I said. "Now don't get me wrong, working from home is amazing getting to stay in Pj's but I hate not having actual human interaction." I continued and Chris nodded.