Long Live - Andy Barber

I headed downtown to the hotel where the class reunion was

I headed downtown to the hotel where the class reunion was. I gave the valet my keys and walked into the ballroom. I sighed seeing a lot of my classmates.

"You made it!! I was so worried you wouldn't." My best friend Taylor said, and I smiled rolling my eyes.

"Wouldn't miss this for the world." I said as we hugged and then I hugged her husband, Jason. "He here?" I asked and they smiled, looking behind me.

"Greer Covington, as I live and breathe." The voice said and I smiled and slowly turned around and the smile on my face got wider.

"Andy Barber, aren't you a sight for sore eyes..." I said and he smiled as he pulled me into a hug and kissed my cheek.

"You looked great." Andy said.

"You don't look half bad yourself." I said and Andy smiled as we all walked to the bar. They all ordered alcoholic drinks and I ordered a coke. Taylor and Jason both looked at me like they knew I couldn't drink.

"So, what's everyone up to now?" Jason asked and I looked at Andy.

"Well whole life story?" Andy asked and we nodded. "Married, teenage son, ADA in Newton Massachusetts." Andy said and I smiled knowing he was happy and moved on, all I ever hoped he would find.

"Greer?" Jason asked and I sighed.

"No kids, broken engagement, fashion degree and now work in moms wedding dress shop making dresses." I said and Andy smiled.

"What you always wanted" Andy said, and I nodded.

"Okay you two! We know you're married...what else?" I asked and they smiled going on about how they ran a dog adoption agency. They had 2 kids and were over the moon in love.

"You always were sickening in love in high school." Andy said as we all walked to a table to sit down.

"Us?! I'm sorry who were prom queen and king?" Taylor asked and looked at Andy and I as we laughed.

"Yeah well...can't help it we were popular." I said acting like a preppy girl and they all threw peanuts at me from the bowls on the table. We all laughed. "Oh yeah! Mom found a box of old pictures and I picked out my favorites to show you guys." I said pulling them from my clutch and we started looking at them, laughing talking about where and when they were taken.

"Remember when Andy and I got Prom Queen and King and how Debra Millhouse's family was all up in arms because their precious princess couldn't lose to Andy and I?" I asked and everyone laughed.

"I thought they were going to cause a town riot." Jason said and I nodded.

"How could a girls volleyball player and boys' baseball player beat out our princess?!" And said imitating her dads voice when he argued and demanded the school recount the votes.

"No one liked her, don't know why they never saw it." I said and they both shrugged.

"No clue." Taylor said.