Holding Out for a Hero - Chris Evans

"Hey before you go back out on stage I have to tell you something

"Hey before you go back out on stage I have to tell you something." My assistant said as I stood on the side of the stage taking a small break from my sold-out show in Georgia.

"Don't tell her!" My sister, Lori, freaked out from behind her and I looked at them both annoyed.

"What is going on?" I questioned.

"Okay...well...we just got word that sitting in the VIP box directly center across from the stage some of the Avengers cast. They are here in town filming the final movie and wanted to come to the show." My assistant said and I shrugged my shoulders.

"Okay, and your point being...?" I questioned.

"Point being the cast of the Avengers is here!" Lori panicked.

"You guys are freaking out over nothing." I said.

"You seem to forget who is in those movies!" Lori said.

"No I don't forget, trust me..." I said and then I smiled.

"Oh no, she has an idea..." Lori said and I smiled.

"You said they are dead center right?" I asked and they all nodded. I looked at all the bandmates standing getting ready to go back out.

"Hey guys...band meeting!" I said we huddled in a circle and they all laughed and nodded.

"What are you doing?" My assistant asked.

"Just let me control something and do what I want. It will be funny and they with either hate it or love it. I wont be calling them out by name or anything...per say, but they will know its for them." I said and I saw the band go back out on stage. I took a deep breath and walked back out and the band started playing the song.

"Hey everyone! So I heard from a little bird backstage that we have some special guest here tonight!" I said in the microphone and everyone cheered but I looked straight back and squinted through the bright lights. I saw the VIP box and I saw Robert Downey Jr, Scarlett Johannsson, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan and right in the middle...the one I was wondering if he came...Chris Evans. My big crush, it had been known he was a crush ever since Jimmy Fallon outed me for it. "So since they are here I thought of a little song for them and I hope they love it! This is for you guys!" I said and started singing. A classic song just with some words changed.

🎵Where have all the good men gone and where are all the gods?
Where's the streetwise Black Widow to fight the rising odds?
Isn't there a white knight upon a fiery steed?
Late at night, I toss and I turn and I dream of what I need
I need a hero I'm holding out for a hero till the end
of the night
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the morning light
He's gotta be sure and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life, larger than life Somewhere after midnight in my wildest fantasy
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
It's gonna take a Captain America to sweep me off my feet
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the morning light
He's gotta be sure and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night
Up where the mountains meet the heavens above
Out where the lightning strikes the sea
I could swear there is someone somewhere
Watching me through the wind and the chill and the rain
And the storm and the flood
I can feel his approach like a fire in my blood
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night
He's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero till the morning light
He's gotta be sure and it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
I need a hero🎵

Once I finished the song the crowd was going wild, figuring it out most likely with the word changes. I looked to the booth and they were all cheering and I smiled blowing the entire VIP box a kiss.

I finished the show with an amazing hyped-up energy that died the minute I got off the stage and headed backstage to my staging room. I was changing from my stage outfit when there was a knock on the door.

"Yeah?" Lori asked answering the door as I put on my t-shirt.

"We have some VIP's that want to meet Twila." The stage hand said and I nodded as she opened the door and they all walked in and I smiled tried to contain my composure.

"Hi! Oh my god! Thank you guys so much for coming." I said. They all started hugging me, Chris came last and he kissed my cheek as we hugged.

"You put on amazing show!" Scarlett said and I smiled.

"I do what I can." I said with a laugh.

"And the song choice coming back from break..." Robert said and I blushed.

"Sorry, I heard you guys were here and...-" I said.

"It was genius!" Sebastian said and we all laughed again. I let out a sigh of relief.

"Oh thank god, I was scared..." I said.

"It not perfect. Changing lyrics and everything. Was it planned?" Chris asked and I shook my head.

"Like 2 minutes before we came out we decided on the song. Changing the names was a decision while singing." I said.

"Well it was amazing. I think we need to have it put in the movie." Robert said and I shook my head.

"Heck no! I would be too nervous to be attached it a marvel movie! They're epic!" I said and then hung my head shaking it.

"She might be a super fan..." Lori said and I shot her a look and she shrugged.

"Well I think I need to pull some strings and get the super fan amazing singer to the premiere." Robert said and I gasped.

"Can you do that?" I asked and he nodded.

"And if he can't I will." Chris said and I smiled at him. We all stood around talking for a little bit longer and they all went to leave.

"Twila, can we talk?" Chris asked staying behind and I nodded. I looked at Lori and she left as well.

"Chris, if this is about my Jimmy Fallon interview..." I said and he huffed a laugh.

"I saw it though , with my family...I was watching the show to see you because I secretly have a crush on you too." Chris said and I blushed so red I thought my face would catch on fire.

"Chris...in all honesty I have had a crush on you for years and when I found out we were at an event together I did everything in my power to be near you but I was too scared to speak up." I said.

"Same with me! God we were both cowards." Chris said and we both laughed. "When does your tour end?" Chris asked and I sighed.

"4 more months, last show is in New York." I said and Chris smiled.

"Well how would you feel about coming to see Boston after that last show. I will be home by then and would love to spend more time with you, get to know you." Chris said and I smiled.

"I think that sounds amazing." I said. "Hand me your phone." I added. Chris handed over his phone as I put my number in and then text myself from his phone to have his number.

"You better use it and call me Evans." I said and he leaned in and kissed my cheek.

"You bet I will." Chris said and I smiled as we hugged again and he walked out.

***6 MONTHS LATER***

Chris got out of the SUV and then helped me out. We were at the Avengers: Endgame premiere together as a couple. I saw Robert and he walked over to me and hugged me.

"So I see you got here." Robert said as Chris took my hand and I nodded.

"I sure did." I said looked up at Chris. He leaned down to kiss me.

"Totally saw this happening. After you sang that song he was hooked." Robert said.

"Well I was holding out for a hero." I said and we all laughed.

"Cheesy, but I love it." Chris said and I smiled.

"Yeah, well I love you." I said and he nodded.

"I love you too." Chris said and gave me another kiss.