Meet Cutes Really Happen - Chris Evans

***THIS HAS ALL INTENTIONS TO BE A FULL STORY

***THIS HAS ALL INTENTIONS TO BE A FULL STORY. PLEASE TELL ME IF YOU ARE INTERESTED***

"I know, I know. I'm on my way the drycleaner lost 2 of the pieces and then the store sold the last piece that we needed and didn't put it on hold for us, so I had to find something new." I explained as I rushed down the busy New York city street with tons of garment bags and shopping bags.

"Mira, it's okay. Relax, we have time. Not everyone is even here yet for costume fitting. Just take your time, don't get hurt and we will start when you get there." The other wardrobe lady Tasha said, and I sighed. I hung up and groaned as I was stopped by a No Walking sign. As I was waiting to cross the street my cellphone went off with a text message.

DADDY-O: Hey Miri, you going to be here?

My dad...the one and only Martin Short. The comedian, the actor...the man. He was working on a show filming in New York, and I was working in wardrobe. I sighed when he got me the job but working with dad was going to be fun. I loved my dad, and he was the best dad ever, even though he wasn't around much when I was a kid since he was working but he always tried.

MIRA: Yeah, I already talked to Tasha about being late. I will be there soon. Fucking New York. Why couldn't you film a show in like Kentucky or something?

DADDY-O: Kentucky...really Mirabella? You want to be in Kentucky?

MIRA: Never said I wanted to be just wish it was less busy.

DADDY-O: Well just think you get here, and you get to work with me.

MIRA: And that's a good thing because...

DADDY-O: Wow, you wound me kiddo.

I smiled and put my phone back in my pocket as the light changed and I started rushing with the crowd across the street to get to where I needed to be. My dad was working on a new show on Hulu called 'Only Murders in the Building.' It had a few A-listers in it as the main people, I mean Steve Martin and Selena Gomez along with my dad. I was so excited for this show to start filming. I had read the script, this sounded amazing.

As I was rushing my cellphone kept going off with a few other people that obviously hadn't talked to Tasha about me being late and were wondering where I was.

"God, five minutes peace. I will be there when I'm there." I mumbled to myself.

I was finally in the home stretch and knew I would be on set soon. I turned the final corner and was met with crashing into someone, and his scalding hot coffee ended up all over me.

"FUCK!" I yelled and dropped 2 of the bags I was carrying.

"Oh god, I'm so sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going..." The guy said and I just shook my head pulling my shirt away from my skin so it would stop burning. I groaned and picked up everything I dropped not even looking at the guy. "Is there anything I can do?" He asked.

"Nothing now, you ruined my first day of work outfit and are making me later than I need to be." I said annoyed and I started walking down the street again.

"I'm sorry!" He called out and I just slightly shook my head and kept walking.

Once I got to set I rushed into the wardrobe room. We were filming in a big soundstage building

"What the hell happened to you?!" Tasha asked and I groaned.

"Fucking New York happened to me...a guy ran into me with his scalding hot coffee." I said and she sighed. She grabbed something from the rack and handed me a light pink sweater and I smiled.

"Thank you." I said and walked behind the curtain to change my top. Once I came out from changing, I looked in the mirror and made sure I looked okay and smiled.

"This is so much better than a coffee-stained top." I said and Tasha smiled as we started putting things on the racks they belonged on.

"Was he at least cute?" Tasha asked.

"I didn't even look. I was so worried about getting here." I said and Tasha rolled her eyes.

"You have to look guys in the face Mira, you have to get looks. I mean if he had been good looking you could have forgiven him." Tasha said and I shook my head.

"Who was good looking?" I heard a voice asked as he walked into the trailer and I smiled seeing my dad, Martin Short. I walked over and hugged him.

"No one, Tasha is being rude." I said.

"Mira ran into a guy, and he spilled coffee on her but she didn't even look to see if he was good looking." Tasha said catching him up and he looked at me.

"Mira..."

"I'm not looking to date...I just wanted to get to work. It's New York, I'm sure it will happen again." I said and they laughed. I then grabbed a garment bag and handed it to my dad. "Go try this on, it's the scene you are filming today." I said and he smiled.

"You do realize you bossing me around only works here." Martin said.

"Yeah, I boss you around at home too." I said and he shook his head and laughed going in to get changed. The door to the room opened again to the wardrobe room and I smiled.

"Uncle Steve!" I said and rushed to hug him. Steve Martin and my dad had been friends since before I was born it seemed like. He and his family were always round so he was just like family to all of us.

"Hey Mira." He said as we broke apart.

"I love you and dad are working together again." I said and she smiled.

"We are too and now you get to be here actually working, not terrorizing the set." Martin said and I laughed shaking my head.

"I never terrorized set..." I said and Martin laughed from where he was changing. I handed Steve his wardrobe garment bag.

"Go change and stop spreading lies." I said and he laughed.

I sat down while they were changing before I had to make any alterations. My cellphone went off in my back pocket and I pulled it out and looked at what happened.

-Chris Evans runs into girl, literally, in New York-

"Poor girl." I mumbled to myself as I looked it up and gasped.

"What?" Tasha asked. I showed her my screen on my phone. There was a picture of Chris Evan, an actor famous for Captain America, and who he ran into on the street today. Tasha started laughed.

"You ran into Chris Evans?! He spilled his coffee on you?!" Tasha asked in shock.

"Oh god, I was an ass to him..." I said and ran a hand over my face.

"Oh girl..." She said and she started laughing harder.

"What's so funny?" Martin asked coming out from changing. Tasha took my phone and showed Martin and he looked at me and smiled trying not to laugh.

"Chris Evans is who scalded you?" He asked and I nodded.

"And she yelled at him." Tasha added and now my own father was laughing at me.

"You yelled at him?! You yelled at your crush?!"

"Yeah...let's not mention this anymore..." I said getting up and walking over to my dad. I had to sit now and live with the fact that I yelled at Chris Evans, the man I always hoped to meet and I yelled at him...

Good going Mirabella Short...