Play With Fire - Johnny Storm

I had just arrived in New York but it was late so I would just stay at a hotel and go to my uncles tomorrow

I had just arrived in New York but it was late so I would just stay at a hotel and go to my uncles tomorrow. He was awesome to tell me he had a job for me, and I could stay with him rent free.

I left my hotel room and walked down the street to the local hole in the wall bar. I just want to get a drink, relax and just relish my new life.

I sat at the bar and the bartender looked at me.

"What can I get ya?" The bartender asked.

"Jack and coke." I said and he nodded.

"Big drink for a girl." I heard a voice down the bar say and I turned to see a man sitting there is a black leather jacket, jeans and a t-shirt with some design on it.

"Excuse me?" I asked and he huffed a laugh.

"Just women usually come in here, order some high-class wine and go from there. You ordering a jack and coke is different."

"Well, I'm not a normal girl. I was raised by my uncle mostly and if I would have asked for wine instead of hard liquor, he probably would have kicked my ass." I said causing the guy to laugh as he moved a stool closer to me.

"I'm Johnny." He said extending his hand.

"Nora." I said shaking his hand.

"So, what brings you out to the bar tonight? Meeting someone?" Johnny asked.

"Intrusive but no. I just got into town from Pennsylvania. I'm supposed to meet with my Uncle to get a key to his apartment where I will be staying but it's late so I will just meet up with him tomorrow. What brings you here? Picking up woman by commenting on their drink choices?" I asked and he acted like I wounded him.

"Ouch Nora..." Johnny said and I smiled.

"Call it like I see it." I said and he half nodded.

"So, I'm guessing falling for stupid pick-up lines isn't your thing?" Johnny asked and I shook my head.

"Nope, I think guys who try pick up lines are pathetic and need to grow up." I said and Johnny looked at me shocked.

"Wow so just calling out every guy who would ever try to pick you up?" Johnny asked.

"No, not every guy. Okay do you want some insight?" I asked and Johnny nodded.

"Enlighten me, Nora." Johnny said and I sighed taking a sip of my drink.

"Okay what women want isn't a boy who is going to come to her with pick up lines and questioning about her drink. Women want a man who is going to show interest in them. Not just their name and imagine getting them into bed. If you are interested in a girl or find her attractive, don't come to her with pick up lines, come to her with interest. Whether is be in what she is drinking, wearing or something like that." I said.

"I showed interest in your drink choice." Johnny said.

"No, you picked on the drink I picked and then commented on what women usually get thinking I would change my mind right?" I asked and Johnny just looked down at his bottle of beer. "Listen, Johnny, I'm not trying to be an ass here but I'm here to help you. Women are growing up and men need to now do the same." I said and Johnny scoffed and motioned subtly down the bar to blonde bimbos who were drinking glasses of wine making eyes at Johnny.