Specimen - Steve Rogers

"It's not that funny Brita

"It's not that funny Brita." Steve said as we walked out of a store in the mall, and I was still laughing hysterically.

"It was hilarious." I said and Steve rolled his eyes.

"Come on..." Steve said.

I started to walk backwards and walked in front of Steve.

"Specimen." I said and ran my hand down the length of his body but not touching him and he groaned. We had been in the Apple store and the worker was a little overly obsessed with how Steve looked.

"Brita..." Steve said, and I sighed and I went back to walk beside him and linked my arm in his.

Steve Rogers and I had been friends since he came out of the ice. I lived in his apartment building, a floor beneath him and only met when his washer sprung a leak and leaked through my ceiling. He felt so guilty that we went out for coffee while they worked on his washer and working on my ceiling and the flooring that had been ruined. I knew who he was, and he knew I knew but we didn't make it a big deal and I just treated him like Steve. As we walked, I looked at him sighed.

"Do the glasses and baseball hat really hide who you are?" I asked and he sighed but gave a small nod.

"They do actually. I mean no one had noticed me yet." Steve said as we walked the crowded mall. We were silent for a minute and then I sighed.

"Thank you for coming out with me today." I said and he looked over at me.

"Of course, Brita, why wouldn't I have?" Steve asked.

"Well, it's just the whole specimen thing was the first time I have laughed really hard in a few weeks, and I was really starting to miss Danny." I said.

"Why Brita?" Steve groaned.

"I don't know Steve...I was drinking the other night and going through some photo albums, and I found the one of him and I. I thought I had gotten rid of it. I wanted to call him and talk but I didn't think after a full bottle of wine that would be smart." I said and Steve shook his head.

"Well, I don't really know what being fully drunk is like, stupid serum side effect, but I can only guess it wasn't smart. Why didn't you call me?" Steve was so concerned by my choices that night.

"You were on a mission. I only had myself that night." I said and Steve groaned. We stopped at the small coffee cart in the mall.

"Next time, throw the photo album away and go to sleep. Don't drink the whole bottle of wine." Steve said and I nodded.

"I threw the photo album away, it's gone now. I know Danny wasn't good for me..." I said and Steve nodded.

"Damn right he wasn't."

"Language Steve!" I said.

Steve chuckled since he always used the word language on me when I cussed. I always loved it when I could throw it back in his face. We ordered our drinks and kept walking around the mall and just doing some shopping. Christmas was slowly approaching, and we were Christmas gift shopping.