xxxiii. things you can't outrun

Start from the beginning

"Hey, wait," Stiles picked up some shock paddles and held them up. "What about these?" 

Derek gave him a flat look. "Do you know how to use those?"

Stiles shook his head.

"Then put them down." 

At the medicine cart, Scott pulled out a huge needle full of clear medicine. "Epinephrine?" 

"That's adrenaline," Gracie informed him. "That will only make them stronger." 

Peter paused from his place next to Gracie at the shelves holding medical equipment. "How strong?" 

"With that much, strong," Gracie told him and then paused, realizing what he was getting at. "It would help you, though..."

As they got to the door to enter into the garage, Gracie stopped them. She quietly explained that she could hear Ethan and Aiden walked around in their Voltron form. They waited until it was clear and then rushed toward the ambulance.

Gracie slapped her hand on the window in the back door and saw him jump at their abrupt arrival.

"Stiles," she urged. "Open the door!" 

Stiles hurriedly opened both of the doors and Scott asked him to help get Peter into the vehicle. Stiles reached for Peter and pulled him into the seat next to him before asking, "Where's Derek and Jennifer?" 

"We have to go back for them and my mom," Scott told him. 

"Okay, two problems," Stiles licked his lips nervously. "Kali's got the keys to this thing and I just saw the twins, like, thirty seconds ago."

Gracie groaned. "Great..."

As soon as he stopped talking, there was a loud bang that came from behind them. 

"Okay, stay here," Scott ordered him before turning to Gracie. "Let's go."

Gracie and Scott took off once more, a lot more quickly than when they were dragging Peter around with them. Once they were back in the hospital, they eventually found Scott's mom, who Deucalion let go –– what reason?

They had no idea.

Just as they were about to turn a corner, Scott stopped them as he cautiously inched forward only to come face-to-face with a gun.

Both their party and the gun owner's party relaxed. It was Isaac, Allison, and Mr. Argent. 

"So, then, they're essentially trapped?" Mr. Argent asked as Scott finished telling him, Allison, and Isaac what exactly was going on.

The six of them all walked into an exam room and hurdled around a table.

"Yeah, right," Scott confirmed. 

From in between Gracie and Allison, Isaac spoke up. "But there's no way of getting them out without turning the power back on?" 

"Wait, wait, wait, wait," Melissa hurriedly interjected. "if the power's back on, they're gonna hear the elevator moving, right?" 

"Then they'll be on Jennifer and Derek as soon as it stops," Scott added. "We can't get int a fight with them." 

"You've got us now," Mr. Argent assured them. 

"It's too much of a risk," Gracie crossed her arms over her chest and bit the inside of her cheek. "They want her dead and if she dies, there's nothing that we can do for Stiles' dad or Cora." 

Chris sighed and conceded her point. "I don't even think I know which teacher this is." 

"She's the one with the brown hair. She's kinda hot," Isaac tried to describe Jennifer. When he got disgusted looks from the others, he backtracked. "No, it's just—just an observation."