xxiv. seeing the entire board

Start from the beginning

"I'll heal."

"I said I'm fine."

"Stop being so stubborn," Gracie sighed.

"Do you realize how suicidally crazy that was?" Stiles pointed out sternly. "What were you thinking going after them?"

"I did it for Boyd," Cora snapped back at him. "None of you were doing anything."

Gracie sighed. "You know that's not true, Cora."

"We're trying," Scott added.

"And you're failing," Cora addressed all her anger at Scott, Stiles, and Lydia. "You're just a bunch of stupid teenagers running around, thinking that you can stop people from getting killed, but all you do is show up late. All you really do is find the bodies."

"Cora!" Gracie scolded her sister, glaring at her a little. She understood that she was upset, but they were doing everything they could do.

Cora just rolled her eyes and stormed out of the room. Everyone turned back to Gracie, staring at her. The Hale girl frowned. "What?"

"Are you okay?" Scott asked, knowing how hard she was hit. She was human and didn't have the superhuman capabilities to heal quickly as they did.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Gracie sighed. "I'm gonna go find Cora."

It didn't take her that long to find her sister in the parking lot.

"Cora," Gracie's voice had hardened as she caught up to her. She stopped her sister in her tracks. "I know you're grieving and you're angry and hurt, but you can't say things like that to them."

"Why not?" Cora shrugged, giving her sister a blank look. "It's the truth."

"You shouldn't say it because we're trying our hardest to figure this out," Gracie stated, annoyed. "And I get it, but you can't take it out on people who are doing their best to help you and the whole town."

"I'm not apologizing," her sister said stubbornly.

"That's fine. Just give them some slack."

"Hey!" they heard Stiles call from behind them. He was soon at their sides. "Do you need a ride?"

"Um, yeah," Gracie nodded. "I can leave my car here and pick it up later tonight."

"Sounds good."

Halfway to their journey to Derek's loft and after three attempts to make contact with Derek, Allison called them. She informed them that she and Isaac had been searching her dad's desk and found a Celtic knot that was labeled with each group of the sacrifices. She listed the groups of sacrifices that had already happened and then the two that had yet to come.

"Philosophers?" Gracie asked in surprised.

"And guardians," Allison added. That made more sense in Tara's case since she was a police officer. "which after last night, has to mean something like law enforcement. Stiles, you have to tell your dad. Tell him whatever you need but you have to get him to believe. Tell your dad, warn him."

"Okay, okay, okay," Stiles said quickly, his mind racing a mile a minute. "I know."

Gracie ended the call and looked at Stiles, seeing the anxious look on his face. "You're gonna tell him right?"

"I have to," Stiles nodded. "but I'm gonna need both of your guys' help."

Gracie nodded. "Whatever you need."

Gracie watched from Stiles' bed as he paced back and forth, trying to come up with something to tell his dad. Personally, she had never gone through telling a parent about the supernatural world. She couldn't put herself in Stiles' shoes properly and it annoyed the crap out of her because she wanted to be there for him like he was always there for her.