xxiv. interruptions

Start from the beginning

Their lips barely brushed against each other when the annoying sound of Stiles' phone ringing made the two of them halt.

Stiles let out a shaky breath, and Gracie swallowed thickly, feeling his breath hit her face. She didn't open her eyes. She just sighed as she rested her forehead against his.

"You should probably get that," she insisted, her tongue poking out to moisten her lips.

"Should I?" Stiles had already opened his eyes, staring down at her.

Her eyes finally opened, her brown-hazel eyes staring into his whiskey-brown ones. "It-it could, uh...it could be important."

"Okay," he breathed. It took a minute, but he finally moved away as he reached for his phone that he left on his nightstand.

"Holy-fuckin-shit!" Gracie was screaming on the inside, wiping her sweaty hands against her jean-clad thighs.

"What do you mean something happened at the hospital?" Stiles blurted out, and the Hale girl's ears perked up.

"I mean that I'll tell you when you get here," Scott told him over the phone.

"Does it have to be now? I'm kind of in the middle of something here," Stiles lowered his voice, glancing back at Gracie. When Scott told him it was serious, Stiles huffed as he stuffed his phone in his pocket. "We gotta go. Something happened at hospital, and Scott needs us."

He was speaking quickly as he rushed over to grab his keys from his desk, while Gracie nodded and slid on her shoes. She stood up when she felt her phone buzz and narrowed her eyes at the screen.

"Grace," Stiles called out to her. "What is it?"

"The silent alarm went off at the loft," she said, feeling worry build up inside of her as she remembered the last time this happened. "You go to the hospital, all right? I'm gonna go..."

"Yeah, okay," he nodded as the two left, separating as one went one way and the other went another.

When Gracie returned to the loft, Cora came running out of the kitchen. The younger Hale girl's eyes going straight to the windows. "What does that mean?"

Gracie froze when she saw the same triskele that had been on the old Hale House's door. The alpha pack's logo. She cursed under her breath and bit the inside of her cheek. This couldn't mean anything good. 

Derek gave Gracie and Cora a grim look. "It means they're coming. Tonight." 

More than a little anxious about what tonight could bring, Gracie grabbed her phone. She had to contact the rest of the pack. 

An hour later, Gracie and Cora sat side-by-side on the couch, as Isaac and Boyd waltzed into the loft. Almost as soon as the sliding door shut behind them, Derek came down from the bathroom, freshly showered and clothed. 

"Go back to school," he scolded them, sitting on one of the lower steps of his spiral staircase. "You too, Gracie." 

"We can't," the Hale girl replied as she got to her feet and stood next to Isaac and Cora made her way to Boyd's side, all four of them staring at their alpha with firm eyes. "I passed out this morning." 

"I have a migraine," Isaac added with a small smirk before pointing to Boyd. "...and Boyd, here, has explosive diarrhea." 

Body rolled his eyes at Isaac before addressing Derek. "We're here to protect you." 

"You're here to protect me?" Derek huffed in amusement, standing up in order to make his way over to them. "Well, I'm in trouble then." 

"Grace texted in the group message and Boyd came up with a plan," Cora informed her brother.