ii. the first day of junior year

Start from the beginning

"Good, I'm impervious to your influence anyway," Stiles mumbled, switching to another tab of research. 

"Would you consider a bribe?" 

Stiles shook his head. "You couldn't meet my price." 

"Extortion?"

"You got nothing on me." 

"Yeah," Noah nodded.

With that, the Sheriff grabbed the back of his son's chair and started pulling him away from his desk. 

"Dad, what are you doing?" Stiles reached for his laptop as he fought to stay in control of his chair. "Dad!"

He leaned forward, too far as he fell forward when the chair rolled out from under him and he hit the floor.

By the time the Stilinski boy made his way to school, Stiles nodded when the brand-new school, which had been in progress for over two years and this was the first semester it was going to be used, was in his sight.

Turning in, he sped through the parking lot, wincing when he saw that he was late to meet up with Gracie outside of the school, who hated being late –– especially for the first day of school.

Stiles' eyes lit up and he hurriedly turned into the front row when he spotted an empty parking spot. He rapidly turned the steering wheel, swinging into the space and changing the gear to park when he slammed on the breaks.

"You're gonna get in trouble with the parking officer one of these days," Scott, who hopped off his motorcycle with his helmet off, told Stiles when his best friend got out of Jeep. "Gracie can wait a couple of minutes." 

"Okay, first of all, Dale and I are buds," Stiles rolled his eyes. "...and secondly, Gracie hates being late for anything. It's like a control thing or something."

"Yeah, I guess you're right," Scott admitted, nodding toward the entrance, where the Hale girl was waiting with her arms crossed over her chest and her right foot tapping impatiently on the sidewalk. 

"Good morning!" Stiles greeted when the two made their way over.

"Morning," she greeted both him and Scott. "You said you were gonna meet me five minutes ago." 

"Yeah, sorry about that," he gave her an apologetic smile. 

"It's fine," Gracie rolled her eyes fondly. She glanced at Scott, who was looking around nervously as they made their way through the double doors. "I don't think you're gonna run into her here."

"Huh?" Scott asked when she caught his attention.

"I saw Allison walk in like ten minutes ago. She's probably in class by now. Though, she looked a little nervous."

"What was she nervous about?" Stiles asked.

"Seeing Scott maybe?" Gracie shrugged. "It, also, could be that it's just hard to go back to school without your mom. It was for me."

Stiles nodded in agreement. "Yeah, me too."

Gracie eventually separated from the two to find her locker. With her back to him, Stiles watched the Hale girl go with a smile on his face, unable to believe how much had changed in just a year.

"You wanna ask Derek for help?" Stiles complained, looking over at Scott to see if he was serious, which he was. "Why?" 

Sure, Stiles was more comfortable with Derek since he helped save Jackson but he was still kind of scared of the alpha.

"He's got the triskele tattooed on his back," Scott reminded him as they walked through the hallways, maps in hand to navigate the new school. "There has to be a way to do it without healing, right?"