xvii. on the move

Start from the beginning

Scott eyes drifted from the window and trailed to the line in front of the club, spotting Danny being ushered inside. "I know who he's after."

"What, how?" Stiles had no idea how Scott figured that out. "How? Did you smell something?"

"Armani."

Needing to find a way inside, Gracie and Stiles followed Scott to the side of the building. They sighed in relief when they saw a door that led into the club.

"Aw, come on," Stiles groaned, rattling the locked doorknob once more before Scott pulled him away. "All right, maybe there's, like, a, uh, like, a window we could climb through, or some kind of––"

"––You coming?" Gracie asked, cutting him off as she stood in the open doorway after Scott tore the doorknob off the door.

"––Handle that we could rip off with supernatural strength," Stiles finished. "How'd I not think of that one?"

Gracie shrugged and followed Scott into the club. Stiles snuck in and quietly shut the door behind him.

While the hallway they walked through was dark, they could see neon lights lighting up the dance floor and bar.

"Guys, wait..." Gracie called out to them, wanting to point out the obvious. The Hale girl looked over to see Stiles pulled away by a group of drag queens.

"Guys, everyone in here's a dude," Scott called to them. "I think we're in a gay club."

Stiles narrowed his eyes at his best friend. "Man, nothing gets past those keen werewolf senses, huh, Scott?"

Gracie chuckled, covering her mouth, and Scott rolled his eyes. When Stiles politely excused himself, he followed Scott and Gracie over to the bar, pulling out their wallets to show to pay for a drink.

"Three beers, please," Stiles requested the bar tender.

"IDs?" The guy looked at the trio expectantly.

The trio pulled their fake ID's, handing it to the bar tender. The man smirked as he reads the cards and returned them to the three teenagers.

"How 'bout three cokes?" The bartender suggested.

"Rum and coke? Sure!" Stiles exclaimed, nodding his head along to the beat of the song pumping through the club. The bartender gave him an unimpressed look. "Coke's fine, actually. I'm driving anyway."

The bar tender waved a hand at his co-worker before walking away to serve another customer. Another guy –– this one was shirtless –– walked up with three sodas, sliding them over the bar to the trio.

"That one's..." The shirtless man pointed to Stiles' drink. "...paid for."

The guy nodded down the bar, where a guy raised his beer bottle at Stiles. Scott grinned at the Stilinski boy, trying not to laugh. But Gracie was less successful, snickering loudly.

"Oh, shut up," Stiles grumbled, picking up his drink.

"I'm sorry," Gracie apologized, still chuckling.

"I didn't say anything," Scott told him when Stiles looked at him.

"Yeah, well, your face did," Stiles turned away from the bar and sipped at his drink, looking around the crowd for any sign of Danny. It took a couple of seconds before he spotted their classmate. "Hey, I found Danny."

"I found Jackson," Gracie pointed out to where the kanima was crawling about creepily on the ceiling.

"Get Danny," Scott told them.

"What are you gonna do?" Stiles asked. Scott didn't answer verbally but instead walked toward the dance floor.

They both made their way towards the dance floor where Danny was grinding up on some unknown shirtless guy. Gracie and Stiles called Danny's name a couple of times but the music was too loud and Danny was too distracted to hear them.