iii. bodies piling up

Start from the beginning

Gracie scoffed in agreement while Allison and Stiles chuckled. The teen wolf gestured towards the dilapidated house. "Comin'?"

───────────── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ─────────────

BY MORNING, THE POLICE STILL HADN'T FOUND LYDIA. WITH THE NEXT FEW days getting colder, her parents were terrified. After everything that happened, they didn't want to lose her again, which was completely understandable.

"All right, it's causing me severe mental anguish to say this, but he's right," Stiles managed to say, still unsure, as the three walked into the Chemistry room. It was hard for him to picture Lydia as something so violent.

"I know," Scott huffed as the three of them sat in their normal seats.

After taking attendance, Mr. Harris announced that there was going to be a pop quiz. He started handing out the test.

"What if the next body part she steals is from someone who's still alive?" Stiles insisted, his mind only able to focus on one thing. His whispering wasn't quiet enough, catching Mr. Harris' attention. He spun around at his desk and glowered at Stiles.

"This is a pop quiz, Mr. Stilinski," he called out in a stern tone. "If I hear your voice again, I may be tempted to give you detention for the rest of your high school career."

"Can you do that?" Stiles asked, clearly confused.

"Well, there it is again," Harris glared at his student. "Your voice. Triggering the only impulse I've ever had to strike a student repeatedly and violently. I'll see you at 3:00 for detention." Stiles made a noise of protest and Mr. Harris' eyes went to Scott, who went to say something as well. "You too, Mr. McCall?"

The beta immediately shook his head. "No, sir."

Everyone went back to work on their quiz once Mr. Harris stopped nagging at Stiles. Gracie could practically hear him fuming from beside her, but when the hairs on her arms stood up and goosebumps formed, she winced as a tingling sensation shot through her body, first starting in her arm before coursing through the rest of her.

When Jackson's stool screeched against the linoleum as he stood up and ran from the room, a gnawing feeling formed in her gut.

When school had ended and detention was over, Stiles stood with Scott and Gracie as they watched from behind a statue while a crowd of reporters chased after the Argent family. As a few police deputies tried to keep them at bay, the reporters were stopped by a barricade as Allison's family went where they were holding Kate's service.

"Who the hell is that?" Stiles asked seeing an old man sit beside Allison. Scott peered his head out from behind the statue, seeing Mr. Argent and the unrecognizable older man.

"He's definitely an Argent," he concluded.

Stiles looked at his friend hopelessly. "Hey, you know, maybe they're just here for the funeral. I mean-what if they're the non-hunting side of the family? There could be non-hunting Argents. It's possible, right?"

Gracie shook her head. "I don't think so."

Stiles scowled at her. "Can't you ever be positive?"

"I know what they are," Scott cut in. The tone of his voice was haunting as he stared at the old man. "They're reinforcements."

Little did they know, Stiles' father was standing behind the three of them. As the trio looked back for only just a second, the Sheriff grabbed the two boys by the neck, forcing them away as Gracie followed behind them.