xxvii. dead or alive

Start from the beginning

Mr. Argent held up his index finger and shook his head. "I hate to dispel a popular rumor, Stiles, but we never did that."

"Oh, right," Stiles nodded, looking at Chris, unconvinced. "Gracie said you guys had a code. I guess no one ever breaks it."

"Never."

"What if someone does?"

"Someone like who?" Chris looked at the teen boy.

"Your sister," Stiles admitted hauntingly as he scowled at Allison's father.

Mr. Argent bobbed his head before nodding at his men; they unlocked the door and left the room.

It was silent for a whole minute while Stiles tried to calm his anger. And then Jackson spoke, "What now?"

"Now we're gonna learn how to make self-igniting Molotov cocktails."

Driving Jackson's car, Stiles sped down the mile-long driveway that led to the Hale house, the Porsche bouncing from the bumps and potholes in the dirt path. Jackson sat in the passenger seat, a scowl on his face, and two freshly made Molotov cocktails in his lap. Stiles pressed on the gas pedal, speeding up.

"Hey, hey, hey," Jackson objected as they flew over a small hill. "This isn't exactly an all-terrain vehicle!"

"Yeah, did you pay for it?" Stiles snarked.

"No."

"Then shut up," he snapped and sped up once more.

They pulled up to the old Hale house within minutes; the alpha -- in all his red-eyed, ugly glory -- was standing in front of the house, snarling at Scott, who laid a few feet in front of him. Stiles slammed on the breaks and grabbed one of the Molotov cocktails, honking the horn to get the alpha's attention.

He ran out of the Porsche and whipped the Molotov cocktail at the alpha. Unfortunately, the alpha simply caught it and roared in Stiles' direction.

"Shit," Stiles cursed, flinching back. Scott looked around quickly, spotting Allison's crossbow.

"Allison!" he called for her, grabbing the bow and tossing it to her.

She caught it and aimed it at the alpha, letting an arrow soar into the cocktail. The beaker broke and exploded, engulfing the alpha's arm in flames.

Jackson took the opportunity to throw the other Molotov cocktail; it hit the alpha and the rest of his body caught on fire.

The alpha roared loudly and stumbled around, his gaze landing on Allison. Before he could take a step toward her, Scott shouted and sprang up, jumping into the air. He kicked the alpha away from Allison, where he landed on the ground, changing back into Peter. Stiles sighed in relief, glad that it was finally over.

While Allison and Scott made up, kissing and exchanging their love, Derek slowly walked out of the house. Stiles watched curiously as he made his way to Peter, glaring down at him.

Scott saw Derek ready to kill Peter and jumped to his feet, running over to him.

"Wait!" he called, catching the older werewolf's attention as he kneeled next to his uncle's burnt body. "You said the cure comes from the one who bit you. Derek, if you do this, I'm dead."

Derek pressed his lips together and it wasn't hard for Stiles to guess that he had lied to Scott about the cure. Derek just wanted Scott's help to take down Peter.

"Her father, her family," Scott continued begging. "What am I supposed to do?"

"You've...already...decided..." Peter breathed painfully. His eyes glowed red as he snarled, "I can smell it on you!"