"Who, Scott?" He asked nervously. "Yeah, totally." 

"He just doesn't talk to me that much anymore," Melissa said sadly. "Not like he used to." 

"Well, he's had a bit of a rough week," Stiles excused his best friend, shrugging slightly. 

"Yeah," Melissa nodded. "Yeah, I get it. Uhm, okay, uh-be careful tonight." 

"You too," Stiles said absentmindedly, moving out of the way so Melissa could leave for her night shift at the hospital. 

"Full moon." 

Gracie and Stiles stiffened, looking at her with wide eyes. "What?" 

"There's a full moon tonight," Scott's mother repeated herself. "You should see how the ER gets. It brings out all the nutjobs." 

Gracie laughed awkwardly as Stiles muttered, "Oh, right." 

Melissa nodded and smiled. "You know, it's actually where they came up with the word 'lunatic.'"

"That's interesting trivia," Stiles commented. 

"Mmhm," Melissa waved at them and left. "Night." 

Stiles sighed in relief when the door shut. Walking upstairs through Scott's house, Stiles flung the door open that led into his best friend's dark bedroom.

"Oh, my God!" He jumped when he turned on the lights and saw Scott sitting in the corner of his room. "Dude. You scared the hell out of me. Your mom said you weren't home yet."

"I came in through the window," Scott told him.

"That's not creepy at all," Gracie mumbled. Derek had never acted this weird on a full moon -- but, then again, she was too young to remember all those nights when he was first started shifting.

Stiles rested down a duffel bag in front of him and knelt down, unzipping it. "Okay. Uh, well, let's get this set up. I want you to see what I bought."

"I'm fine," Scott said lowly with eerie sense of calmness in his voice that sent chills down Gracie's spine. "I'm just gonna lock the door and go to bed early tonight."

"You sure about that? 'Cause you've got this kind of serial killer look going in your eyes, and I'm hoping it's the full moon taking effect, 'cause it's really starting to freak me out," Stiles told him.

"I agree," Gracie shook her head. "You shouldn't be alone, especially during the full moon. We don't want you running around, maiming or killing somebody. Not to mention, the Argents are going out tonight."

"I'm fine," Scott insisted. "You should go now."

"All right, I'll leave," Stiles told him. "Well, look, would you just at least look in the bag and see what I bought? You know, maybe you use it, maybe you don't. Sound good?"

Glaring at his two friends, Scott got on his knees and rifled through the bag, pulling out the chains they brought. Scott held it up from the bag as he glowered up at his best friend. "You think I'm gonna let you put these on and chain me up like a dog?"

"Actually, no," Stiles said before lunging at Scott. He grabbed the teen wolf's wrist, keeping him bounded to the radiator with the cuffs he had been hiding in his back pocket.

"What the hell are you doing?" Scott screamed at him in fury, looking between his hand and Stiles.

"Protecting you from yourself," the Stilinski boy told him. "...and giving you some payback...for making out with Lydia."

Stiles immediately turned to leave the room and Gracie followed him out, not wanting to be alone with Scott.

"I'm going to get him some water," Stiles told her. "Can you stay here?"