Marketplace

Y/N POV 

I woke up slowly and naturally but a lot later than I wanted. Natasha was awake because her hand was moving across my back as I snuggled closer to her. I kept my eyes shut so I could enjoy her comforting movements a little bit longer but she knew. 

"Don't act like I don't know you're awake, love." She presses her lips against my forehead and I groan a little when she moves. 

"How long have you been awake?" My voice is groggy and she smiles at me as I lift my head to look at her. 

"Not too long. Don't worry about it." She cups my face in her hands and pulls me in for a sweet kiss. 

"What time is it?" I ask when we pull away and I shift to lay onto her chest again. 

"A little bit past noon. Though it doesn't really feel like it." She wraps her arms around me and I nestle against the side of her neck. "Are you hungry?" 

"I little bit," I mutter and she laughs. 

"How about I stop by that market and buy something for me to make." She offers and I shake my head as I grip onto her a bit harder. "Want to come along?" 

"Yes." I decide and she sits up which makes me squeal as I fall backward. She falls forward so she's leaning over me with a smirk on her face. Her necklace hangs down before it touches my chin when she leans in to kiss me again. 

"Then let's go." She hops off of me and I groan. 

"I just woke up," I complain. 

"Then you can sleep a little bit more until I'm back." She's already putting on shoes as I pout on the bed. 

"Why are you so eager to leave." I narrow my eyes at her and she shakes her head with a smile. 

"I'm not! I'm just hungry." She defends as I hold my arms out in front of me. 

"Then carry me," I demand and she laughs. 

"Of course." She walks closer and I wrap my arms around the back of her neck as she supports me from under my legs. I still can't believe that my arm is pretty much better. It was so sudden and every time I notice it moving I get surprised. I had fully given in to the thought that it would never work again. 

She carries me downstairs until she dumps me on the couch so she can grab my shoes. We get ready and then we head out the front doors to find a bridge to get to the other side. "Boat taxis tomorrow?" I ask. 

"That sounds good." She interlaces her fingers with mine as we walk down the street. There's a pretty big crowd once we cross the bridge and I freeze. "What?" Nat stops to look over her shoulder at me. 

"We didn't exchange money." I remind her and she groans. "I might have a little." I pull out my wallet and flick through the cash. 

Nat pulls me toward the side so we aren't in the way of other people and she leans against a brick wall. "Any luck?" 

"They probably wouldn't take a card... because I have one for Euros." I pull it out and toss it toward her. She's surprised and scrambles to catch it which makes me smile. 

"I don't see any machines." She agrees and I sigh. 

"I don't have much in cash. But we should be able to buy something." I find all of the bills that I can and hand them to her as I take the card back. 

"Why do you carry foreign cash with you?" She asks as we walk back into the crowd. 

"Because I always forget to take it out when I get back from trips," I admit and she laughs.