Duty Calls

A/N Just gonna say it now. I'm talking about some specific dates in this one and if they don't match up... shush. Don't come for me that I didn't plan my timeline out as well as I should have. I didn't expect to actually get this far, alright? So it's probably not been like a full year... but it's close enough. Just had to get that off my chest! Enjoy! <3

Y/N POV 

Nat woke me up with tons of gentle kisses across my face and neck. I had been awake for about ten minutes already but she had been peacefully drawing shapes against my back and I didn't want to move, enjoying the feeling too much. But when she pressed her lips to my face I had to smile. 

"I knew you were awake." She teases and I open my eyes just enough to see her. I just hum in agreement before turning to lay on top of her completely. She easily wraps her arms around me and wraps a leg around my own to keep me against her. 

"You're warm," I whisper and she kisses my collarbone. 

"I may or may not have stolen the blankets from you last night." She smirks at me. 

"How dare you." I tease and she grins. We get into a little play fight and it's not long before she pins me down to the bed with my hands over my head. 

"I win." She says and I roll my eyes. 

"What if I gave you puppy dog eyes?" I ask and she pouts. 

"I wouldn't let you up because I have a strong will." She defends and before I can give it a go Rover flies into the tent. "Great," Nat mutters and lets go of me to fall onto the pillows. 

"I have an urgent call for you, Ms. Romanoff." He directs to Nat. 

"Who's calling me through you?" She asks. 

"Nick Fury." He says and Nat glances at me. 

"Fine. Connect me to him." She says and Rover displays a little screen of Fury's face. 

"Romanoff! It feels like so long since I last saw your face." He says and a small smile crosses her lips. 

"It's not been that long." She shrugs. 

"I see you're not currently in America." He says and she nods. 

"Has something happened?" She asks and I slowly sit up to grab a snack and a drink. 

"I'm not sure. Steve has been trying to get in contact with me for a while and he seems to want to talk with everyone." Fury explains. 

"When do you need me back?" She asks and I guess that is probably going to be the end of our vacation. 

"As soon as possible." He answers and she sighs.

"Babe?" She says and I glance over at her.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"Would you and your parents be pissed if we left tomorrow morning?" She asks. 

"No. We've probably been in their hair long enough." She walks over to be in view of the camera, "Hey Fury!" 

"Hi, Y/N! Happy Birthday." He says and Nat stares at me for a few seconds as I furrow my eyebrows together. 

"It's... it's not my birthday." I say as I try and think of what day it is. 

"Early birthday. I'm not sure we'll talk again until after it." He says and I shrug. 

"Wait. Your birthday is coming up?" Nat asks and I nod. "When is it?" 

"You don't know her birthday?" Fury asks and she glares at him. 

"March 3rd," I answer and she widens her eyes.