Tense

Y/N POV 

"What's the rumpus?" Bruce asks as Tony leads him further into the lab. I walk a little bit quicker to join them as they stop right in the center. 

"Well, the scepter." Tony nods his head at me as I stand next to him in front of the scepter. "You see, we were wondering how Strucker got so inventive. So I've been analyzing the gem inside." He picks up a small remote and clicks a button to make a 3D orange sphere appear in front of us. "You may recognize..." 

"Jarvis?" I ask as Bruce has to back up to get out of the display. 

"Y/N." Jarvis answers. 

"Started out, Jarvis was just a natural language UI. Now he runs the Iron Legion. He runs more of the business than anyone besides Pepper." Tony explains as he points at the display. "Top of the line." 

"Yes." Bruce nods. I just hum in disagreement which makes Tony look at me. 

"Do you disagree?" He asks. 

"Obviously," I mutter. "But please, keep going." 

"Alright..." Tony picks up another remote and points it at a spot next to Jarvis, "Meet the competition." This time blue light appears and it almost resembles a human brain with neurons firing throughout it. It's also quite a bit larger than Jarvis. 

"It's beautiful." Bruce walks by me and I move out of his way. 

"If you had to guess, what's it look like it's doing?" Tony asks. 

"Like it's thinking," Bruce says quickly as he gets closer to it. "I mean, this could be... it's not a human mind. I mean, look at this. They're like neurons firing." 

"Down in Strucker's lab, Y/N and I saw some fairly advanced robotics work. They deep-sixed the data, but I gotta guess he was knocking on a very particular door." Tony says as he looks between the two displays in front of us. 

"Artificial Intelligence." Bruce sums up as I grab the remote from Tony's hand.  

"Y/N... you came close, didn't you?" He asks as I bring up the best version of Rover's hardware I can. I glare at him when he says that as I glance over at Bruce. 

"You tried to create AI?" Bruce asks me. 

"Tried is the key word. This is as far as I got." In between Jarvis and the scepter, I bring up something that meets right in the middle. It still has a geometrical shape but it processes things on its own without having to be programmed in advance. "This is what controls Rover." 

"Wait. Really?" Tony asks as he walks closer. "Your little tiny guy has this much stuff going on?" 

"This is why I disagreed with you before. Obviously, Rover is better than Jarvis." I cross my arms. 

"I can still hear you, Y/N," Jarvis says. 

"I love you, buddy. But Rover comes first." I say and Tony laughs.

"I didn't know you got this close. What made you stop?" He asks and I sigh. 

"A lot of things. I decided it was too dangerous and he does what I need him to." I shrug. 

"You could have become legendary for this," Bruce says as he joins Tony in taking a closer look. 

"I'm already 'legendary'." I mock and he glances at me. "As long as I don't mess up too bad my legacy is set." 

"This could be it, guys. This could be the key to creating Ultron." Tony says. 

"Ultron?" I ask. 

"A shield around the world," Tony explains.