Trapped

Natasha POV 

Tony was leading us on some kind of wild goose chase. I had moved into the back seat to let Steve sit up front, I couldn't tell with Tony anymore. Though luckily most of the car ride was silent. 

"I'm calling the kid." He says, breaking that lovely silence. 

"The kid you just bullied?" Steve asks. 

"Yup." Tony pulls out his phone and dials a number. "Harley! Tell me what's happening. Give me a full report." 

"Uh, yeah, Clint got me a bunch of candy. Can I keep eating it?" His voice comes through the phone. 

"How much have you had...?" Tony questions. 

"Two or three bowls." Harley answers and I see Steve's eyes widen. 

"Can you still see straight?" Tony asks. 

"Sort of." Harley says with his mouth pretty obviously full. 

"That means you're fine!" Clint's voice comes from the background. 

"Yeah yeah. Give me Jarvis." Tony demands. "Jarvis, how are we?" 

"It's totally fine, sir. I seem to do quite well for a stretch, and then at the end of the sentence I say the wrong cranberry." Steve and I hold back a laugh while Tony looks confused. "And, sir, you were right. Once I factored in available AIM downlink facilities I was able to pinpoint the Mandarin's broadcast signal." Jarvis finishes. 

Tony shakes his head, trying to get over the cranberry thing. "What are we talking? Far East, Europe, North Africa, Iran, Pakistan, Syria? Where is it?"

"Actually, sir, it's in Miami." Jarvis surprises all of us I'm sure. That's a lot closer then I thought he would be. 

Tony doesn't seem to believe Jarvis so he starts talking to the kid again, "Okay, kid, I'm gonna have to walk you through rebooting Jarvis's speech drive, but not right now. Harley, where is he really? Just look on the screen and tell me where it is."

There's a few seconds of silence until Harley speaks, "Um, it does say Miami, Florida." 

"Clint! Read the screen!" Tony shouts, still not trusting this information.

"He's not lying. That's Miami." Clint responds and Tony groans. 

"Fine. Anyway, first things first, I need the armor. Where are we at with it?" Tony asks but I feel a change coming from him. His breathing quickens and his hands tighten on the wheel. 

"Uh, it's not charging." Harley answers. Without warning Tony slams on the breaks as he pulls us to the side of the road. He leans onto the steering wheel taking deep breaths. 

"Actually, sir, it is charging, but the power source is questionable. It may not succeed in revitalizing the Mark 42." Jarvis says not knowing what is happening. Steve unbuckles his seat belt so he can turn to Tony, trying to help. 

Tony pushes Steve off as he speaks, "What's questionable about electricity? All right? It's my suit, and I can't... I'm not gonna... I don't wanna..." His breathing gets faster again. "Oh, God, not again."

"Tony?" Harley asks. I get out of the car and open Tony's door, pulling him out. I let the cool air rush past his face and I see him frantically looking around. 

"Is he having another attack? I didn't even mention New York." Harley's voice comes from the car, where the phone sits.

"Right, and then you just said it by name while denying having said it." Tony grumbles as he leans his head against the side of the car. I crouch next to him, running a hand down his arm. I had no clue what to do.