Trust

A/N How am I at part 91 already? How does this have over 100k reads? And how the heck does it take almost 24 hours to read? I am so grateful to all of you and I can't believe how far this has come. Thank you all for joining me on this journey so far! Can't wait to see you guys in Part 100! 

Y/N POV 

I was busy listening to the conversation that was happening in the van as I drove toward their new secret hideout area. They couldn't hear me but I could hear them through a device Maria had on her. Well, Maria could hear me, not like she could answer right now. 

"It was him." Steve was saying. "He looked right at me like he didn't even know me." 

"How's that even possible? It was, like, 70 years ago." Sam asked. 

"Zola. Bucky's whole unit was captured in '43. Zola experimented on him. Whatever he did helped Bucky survive the fall." Steve explained. "They must have found him and..." 

"None of that's your fault, Steve," Nat spoke up and I could hear the pain in her voice. I so badly wanted to be with her right now. 

"Even when I had nothing, I had Bucky," Steve mutters. The poor guy. Like come on, you go through hell and the world is still throwing curveballs? 

"We need to get a doctor here. If we don't put pressure on that wound, she's gonna bleed out here in the truck." Sam said and I jolted to attention. 

"Maria... if she dies I swear to god." I say between my teeth before I hear a zapping sound of electricity. Then there is a loud smashing sound and someone grunts. 

"Ah. That thing was squeezing my brain." Maria says and I roll my eyes. "Who's this guy?" 

"That's Sam," Steve tells his backstory all over again and Maria hums in response. 

"Alright. Y/N, you can hear me?" She asks. 

"Loud and clear. Need me to pick you up?" I ask. 

"No. Meet us there. And she's gonna be fine." Maria explains and I sigh. 

"She better be," I say before we both hang up and I speed up a bit to get to where I'm meeting them. 

When I get down the hidden path I pull to a stop behind their van. They only just beat me because Steve is helping Natasha out of the back. I rush over and she seems so out of it she doesn't realize it's me. The bandage I wrapped around her arm is completely soaked through and I let her lean on me as Steve wraps his arm around her for us to walk in together. 

"Thanks for saving my life back there," I say as I look up at Steve. 

"I'm just happy that worked. I was worried I was gonna miss." He answers and I chuckle. 

"Well, I'm very glad to still be alive," I reply and he smiles at me. 

We all walk pretty quickly into the bunker and it's the first time I've been in here. It's not the prettiest but it gets the job done. "GSW! She's lost at least a pint!" Maria shouts as we get far enough in. 

"Maybe two!" Sam says from my other side. 

"Let me take her!" A man shouts as he runs in our direction. 

"She'll want to see him first," Maria says as she marches us down the hall. Wait. She didn't know Fury was alive? Shit. 

I glance down and Natasha is giving me such an odd look that I don't know how to answer so I just press my hand against the wound a little harder. Maria leads us into the room where Fury is laying in bed and he slowly opens his eye to look at us as we all walk in.