Touchy Subjects

Tony POV 

"Did you even come to bed last night?" Warm arms wrapped around me from behind. It was a lovely new feeling that would never get old. The tension had finally been broken between Pepper and I and everyday I could wake up knowing the most beautiful woman was all mine. 

"I got a bit distracted." I turned around to kiss her before pulling away and cleaning off my workspace. 

"What is that brain of yours working on now?" She started looking around the room. The lab was definitely a mess at the moment. There were scrap parts all over the floor and things were knocked over or smashed in smaller parts. In all honesty I forgot how most of it had happend but the after effects were all there. 

"Trying to finish something for Y/N." I looked over at Pepper and she gave me a judgmental look.

"It doesn't look like you've started something yet..." She lifted some of the bigger parts up hoping to find something underneath. 

"That's exactly the problem. I can't figure out what to make for her." I pulled my chair out and sat down for the first time in hours. 

"What's the occasion?" Pepper leaned on the back of the chair and started to massage my shoulders. 

"Nothing. Just wanted to thank her for what she did at the expo. Plus she got me that cool suit thing." I leaned back so I could look up at her and she flicked my forehead before pulling up a 3D panel over the desk. 

"So, no ideas at all?" She started drawing something with her finger across the display. 

"I tried a few things. I spent half the night trying to make another Rover... though I still have no clue how she made him in the first place." I stood behind her and watched as she sketched out the shape of a book. 

"Is this you admitting she's better then you?" She turned to look at me with her hands on her hips. 

"No! No one is better then the great Tony Stark!" I pushed her out of the way and studied what she had drawn. 

"Well I mean she did manage to make one of your own suits do something you couldn't figure out. I know you'd never tell her that but...." 

I cut her off, "I like this idea." She had drawn a book that was meant for photos but would pop out with a 3D display, the pictures would then play like little videos. 

"Thought you might. I'll go dig out some home videos!" She kissed my cheek before climbing the stairs. How I survived without this woman for so long I had no idea. 

"Have fun!" I shouted up after her but she didn't seem to hear. 

It didn't take me too long to scrape together the rough idea of what I had to do and eventually the inner workings were all done. I debated adding J.A.R.V.I.S into it but decided Y/N might not like that too much. I wasn't the best at making things look pretty so I ended up leaving the outside blank with just a leather book binding and a title, The Never Ending Story. Pepper had  come back down to the lab awhile ago with a box and had been watching me work. So when I sat down and grinned at the finished piece she clapped, "Well done Tony!" 

"You find any good videos?" I watched her walk over and she dropped the box into my lap which kind of hurt. 

"A bunch!" She pulled them out one by one and we watched them all. It took a lot of time but we wanted to make sure only the best one were added. After adding a lot from college and some funny ones of Y/N with Cindy (Her security officer's daughter) playing soccer together I remembered the camera. 

"I think we should add all of the ones from this." I stood up and picked up the camera before placing it next to the book. 

"What's on it?" Pepper reached to plug it in but I hesitated.