Battle of New York (Part Two)

Natasha POV 

While I was mainly focused on finding Y/N I still helped out others in need as I went. A few people were stranded here and there and I got them going in the right direction. I kept trying to get in contact with her through the com system but no luck. This city was so damn large that there was no way I could search the whole thing. Every once and awhile I had to beat down some aliens but there weren't nearly as many on this side. 

"I'm scared." A small voice spoke from my side. I looked down and saw a young girl staring at me. 

"Uh... hello there." I wasn't the happiest around kids. 

"Can you help me?" She mumbled. 

"Do you know where your parents are?" I asked and grabbed her hand to pull her off the street.

"Nope." She sat down on the ground and I looked around the streets. There was no one around that seemed to be looking for a child. I really couldn't be dealing with this right now. 

"Come with me." I grabbed her hand again and we started walking down the streets. She was just some extra baggage for now it seemed. 

We turned a corner and I saw a large group of people standing outside of a burning building. It looked like a hotel but I wasn't sure. When I got closer a woman ran forwards and grabbed the kid, pulling her close. "Liz! I thought we lost you." 

"The nice lady helped me." The girl, Liz, said. 

"Thank you for your help." The woman beamed at me and I just nodded before wandering off. 

I was about to walk past the group when a man came stumbling out of the doorway, coughing. "How many more people are in there?" A man in the crowd yelled out. 

The coughing man took deep gulps of air before responding, "Just two. That lady is getting them." He walked further away from the building and fell to the ground still taking deep breaths. That lady? It couldn't be...

Another man came out and he also walked a bit before falling to the ground. I watched the doors and saw two figures appear from the smoke. Y/N was helping an older man walk and she laid him down before leaning against the wall, coughing. "Thank you."" The old man croaked. She nodded at him and smiled. She was covered in ash but she didn't seem burnt. 

"Y/N!" I rushed over to her and she looked at me, surprised. 

"Hey, Nat." She started coughing again but pushed herself off the wall. "Everyone! I would advise leaving the area. Keep following this street and you'll be out of here!" She had turned from me and was ushering all the people away. 

"Did I really just watch you save people from a burning building?" I placed an arm around her to help her walk. 

"Yup, and you didn't even offer to help." She laughed slightly but started coughing. 

"You're done, Y/N." I stopped walking and leaned her against a wall. 

"I'm fine." She argued and I put a finger to her lips. 

"No you're not. We made a deal. Get out of here." I pointed down the street where the large group of people had gone. 

Y/N looked back and forth and leaned her head against the wall, "Fine. I'll go. But if more people need help along the way I'm helping. Stay safe." She pecked her lips against mine.  

"Good girl. Now shoo." I playfully shoved her shoulder and I watched her walk away. I turned my back after she had caught up to the group and went back the way I came. 

"Stark! You got a lot of strays sniffing your tail." Clint's voice came over the communications. I guess I was close enough to join in the fight again.