The Tesseract

Y/N POV 

"There we go." Fury had just finished tightening the straps on my seat. I was certain that I wasn't going anywhere. Maria was across from me and Fury sat down next to her. We all had headphones on and I was the only one holding onto the handle bar on the side.

"Thought you said you've been in one before." Maria said and I could only hear her thanks to the headset. 

"I have! I just normally don't sit next to the door." I glanced to the side and I saw the blades start turning. We had only been on this airfield for like 5 minutes and we were already taking off. 

"Leave her alone, Hill." Fury said as he studied the screen of his phone. 

"Yeah leave me alone." I kicked her leg and she tried to hide her smile. 

"Fine fine." She pulled out her own phone and started looking at stuff. I really had no clue what was happening still. 

"Is there anything else I should know? I read the mission report but there wasn't much in there." When I spoke neither of them looked at me. I waited a few seconds before going, "Okayyyyy...." 

Maria glanced up and said, "Sorry something's happening." That was when I realized the subtle look of fear on each of their faces. 

"Ummmm maybe you should share." I prompted but neither of them said anything again. 

Fury started talking to Maria, "Start evacuating. Sound the alarm." He said that statement very calmly which really made no sense to me. 

"Uh hello? Evacuating is bad. Maybe we should not keep heading there?" I waited again and still no answer. It was like I didn't exist. I had gotten dressed up and everything for this! Just to be ignored. I'm not normally one to complain but, really? I decided to just watch the ground underneath us and ignore them as well. 

It wasn't long until we rose above a mountain and I could see a large building that took up quite a bit of space. There was a voice over the intercom, "All personal the evacuation order has been confirmed. Proceed to your designated vehicles. This is a full evacuation. This is not a drill." His voice kept repeating through the sound systems. 

"Fury! I don't do evacuations! I do normal things. Not life or death!" I grabbed his leg as we landed to make him look at me. 

"You'll be fine." He grumbled before starting to undo the straps over his chest. 

"Really?! Because it seems to be you're telling everyone to get out of here and you want me to walk IN!" I crossed my arms and was going to refuse to stand up but that was really childish. So I started to undo my own straps as well. 

"Maria and I will be with you. This is just a safety precaution." He stood up after Maria and was getting ready to disembark. For some reason I really didn't believe the safety precaution thing but I wasn't going to win this argument. 

"Yeah yeah." I watched Maria pull the door open and jump out. Fury followed and his long jacket billowed in the wind behind him. Why couldn't I have that? Like that was cool! I looked like I was in between jobs as a stripper and... and another stripper. It was just really sexual. That's all I'm saying! 

"How bad is it?" Fury and Maria were standing across from another man. He had sunglasses on and was slightly balding at the top of his head. 

"That's the problem sir. We don't know." The new man pulled of his sunglasses and he turned to face me. His eyes light up and he smiled, "Y/N Harkin! Fury said you were coming but I didn't believe him. I'm Phil! Phil Coulson." He stuck his hand out and we shook.