Confrontation

Y/N POV 

"Darling just go to bed." My mom leans on the doorway into the dining room as I pace up and down the hall outside of the living room. The door is shut but my dad and Natasha are still in there. 

"I'm not leaving until I know what's going on," I answer as I try to hear what's being said without getting too close to the door. "Because the second-" 

"The second you hear yelling you're going in. They haven't yelled yet and it's getting late. Go to bed and Nat will join you when they're done." She pushes off the wall and stops my pacing. 

"Remember when you wouldn't let me have sleepovers because you didn't want me sleeping with anyone?" I ask and she chuckles at the memory. 

"I do remember that. But I'd let you have them, they'd just have to sleep in another room." She corrects and then adds, "Maybe I should have Natasha sleep in another room."

"I dare you to try and enforce that rule." I narrow my eyes and we both laugh. "By the way, why was there a news van here before? I saw it pull out when I came inside this morning."

"Just the normal things. I'm modeling again so I'm talking to magazines." She shrugs and I nod. "Do you not have-" 

"That's what I just said!" My dad's voice suddenly rings through the door and I jump at the sudden change in atmosphere. I glance at my mom and move to go into the living room but she grabs my arm. 

"Wait." She whispers and I sigh but I don't fight her. 

"What do you mean you know better than me?!" He sounds closer to the door and I glance back at my mom. 

"I never said that. I just want to explain to you how much she means to me." Natasha's voice is calmer but it's still loud enough to be heard through the door. 

"I've seen who you really are, Ms. Romanoff. And I have no interest in you being involved in this family." My dad says and I rip out of my mom's grasp to throw open the door. Both of their heads turn when I walk in and I walk up to my dad. 

"Tell me. Tell me who you think she is, Dad." I cross my arms and he takes a step back from my approach. 

"Y/N! What do you think you're doing?" He clears his throat and straightens as he calms down a bit. "This was a private conversation." 

"The second your voice got loud enough to be heard through the door it became my business. Now tell me who you think she is. Because I assure you it's wrong." I take another step toward him but this time he holds his ground and meets my gaze. 

"I think you should leave." He crosses his arms and I take another step. 

"I think you should start talking," I argue and he huffs. 

"I think she's a liar. I know what she's done. The world knows what she's done. What, do you really think being a part of this silly group of heroes is going to change anything? She isn't worth your attention or love. I don't want to see you broken again, Y/N." He explains in a sarcastic tone. 

"Don't try to cover up your own personal thoughts with wanting to make sure I'm safe. I know you just wish Tony and I had worked out. Well, guess what? We didn't and I've moved on so it's sure as hell time that you did too." I raise my eyebrows and he glances over my shoulder and takes a few steps toward me to whisper against my ear. 

"I'd prefer you to be with a cheater than whatever you might call her." He mutters and I tense when his breath hits my ear. I clench my jaw and my hands curl into fists at my sides. "She isn't worthy of your love and care. Of anyone's love."