Dolphins

Natasha POV

I had drifted off after about an hour of helping Y/N get to sleep. Though that hour was filled with a lot of thinking, most of it negative. How could anyone do that to her? I didn't know how to help her anymore then just being there. I spent most of that hour trying to calm my rage towards them. Chloe was dead... But Tony... I would have to see him again. And I wasn't sure how that was going to go. 

When I woke up I was slightly concerned when Y/N wasn't there. The bed was cold so she had been gone for awhile. I sat up, raising my arms over my head as I got out of the bed. 

"Y/N?" I called out, thinking she was probably just like in the bathroom or something. But there was no response. "Y/N?" I tried again as I moved across the room to check. I headed downstairs, hoping to see her cooking breakfast or something, but she still wasn't there. I checked every single room, last was the study. I had cleaned up the glass from yesterday but my eyes caught sight of a torn photo sitting in the trash. I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to convince myself to just leave it. But I knelt down pulling out the pieces and fitting them back together. It was Tony and Y/N when they were much younger. They were both in swimming suits and he was kissing her cheek while she smiled at the camera. There was a certain gleam to her eyes that I've never seen, a sort of happiness that never faced the hardships of life. I sighed and put the photo back into the trash before standing up. 

I headed outside and I saw the boat, meaning she was still here. Our little picnic set up from last night was cleaned up so she was out here at one point. "Y/N?" I called out but still I got no answer. I walked around towards the back of the house and saw a small shed, with the doors open. I peeked inside and saw surfing equipment, like boards and wetsuits. There were also a few chairs around a table and an umbrella sitting further down on the beach. Her phone and a bag was sitting there so I walked down to look. 

 Inside the bag was a few sets of towels and a change of clothes. I looked out towards the water and saw her standing out there on a surfboard. She was balancing as a yacht went near her. I shaded the sun from my eyes and saw a woman lean down from the side handing Y/N something. They seemed to talk for a bit before a man came out to talk to the woman. Y/N waved before kneeling down on the board, paddling back towards me and the island. 

She didn't notice me as she walked onto the beach with a single rose in her hand. "Y/N?" I said quietly and her head jerked up. 

"Nat! Hey. I'm sorry I left I just had to clear my head." She motions to the board and walks towards the shed. Her hair is wet and she's wearing a wetsuit, which if I may say, hugs her body perfectly. 

"Who was on that yacht?" I ask and she turns looking at the flower in her hand. 

"I wasn't- I wouldn't- That wasn't-" She tries and I smile at her. 

"I know, honey. I was just wondering." I follow her into the shed and she sighs. 

"That was Jasmine. She saw me surfing and came to say hi. But she got called away for whatever she had to do. I promise you I wasn't... I wouldn't." She looks at me with fear in her eyes. 

"I know. I wasn't trying to say that you were out there hooking up or something. I just wondered where you were." I cup her face and kiss her and she smiles at me. 

"That's good. Thank you." She nods and turns around. "Wanna unzip me?" She asks and I smile. I move her hair off of her back and pull down the zipper, the suit wanting to stick to her skin. 

"I think I just came up with an idea." I muttered against her ear. 

"With you that means something sexual." She rolls her eyes at me as she steps out of the suit, only to reveal a one piece bathing suit beneath.