All Work and No Play

Y/N POV

I was yet again awoken by a sudden banging on my door. I slowly opened my eyes and looked up at Natasha who had her eyes shut and there was a faint smile on her lips. "Y/N!" It was Fury again. 

"One second." I grumbled and got off of Natasha. I walked over to the door and pulled it open a bit, "What?" I rubbed my eyes trying to wake myself up. 

"Come with me." He pulled me out of the room and we started walking down the hall. 

"What's going on?" I shook my arms out trying to rid my body of drowsiness.  

"I don't really want to be alone with the guy." Fury led me down a few flights of stairs until we were in a circular room with a glass cage in the middle. Loki stood in the middle smiling as we approached. 

"I don't really want to be near him either." I muttered and Fury grumbled something at me. 

"Also this should make you feel better." Fury said as he walked over to a panel. I stayed where I was and watched Loki who was also watching me. "In case it's unclear, if you try to escape, if you so much as scratch that glass-" Fury hit a button and winds rushed up from underneath us as a hatch opened. It led straight down and there was no way to stop it. "-it's 30,000 feet straight down in a steel trap. You got how that works?" He looked at Loki before pointing at him and saying, "Ant," then pointed at the panel, "Boot." 

Loki began to laugh as he paced the cage, "It's an impressive cage. Not built, I think, for me." 

"Built for something a lot stronger than you." Fury responded. What was around that was stronger then a god? The blonde god? 

"Oh, I've heard. A mindless beast. Makes play he's still a man-" Loki began and I cut him off. I had figured out we were talking about Bruce. 

"Leave Banner out of this. He is a completely capable man and doesn't deserve the shit people like you give him." I took a step forward and Loki smiled. 

"How desperate are you, that you call on such lost creatures to defend you? That you call on low lives like her to assist." He said the last part when he pointed at me. I raised an eyebrow at him. 

"How desperate are we? You threaten us with war! You steal a force you can't even hope to control. You talk about peace, and you kill because you find it fun. You have made me and many others, VERY, desperate." I walked up to the edge of the cage and Loki took a step back. 

"You won't be glad that you angered us." Fury stepped up beside me. 

As Fury spoke Loki smiled, "Ooh. It burns you to have come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A warm light for all mankind to share. And then to be reminded what real power is." Loki pressed his hand against the glass. 

"For starters I didn't even know the Tesseract existed until like a week ago. So I wasn't after world power. If I wanted it, I could have it. Honestly I don't think it would be that hard. For a 'low life' like myself I'm quite intelligent. So, see you around grease monkey." I turned my back and walked out the door. 

I heard Fury say, "Let me know if 'grease monkey' wants a magazine or something." He walked out and joined me in the hallway. 

"Jackass." I muttered as we headed to the bridge. 

"He is not fun to be around." Fury agreed. 

"What's the next step?" I asked when we got to the doors. 

"You go in there and stop any chaos. I have to go deal with some things, then I'll join you." He turned and left with his cloak flowing behind him. I walked into the room and saw Steve and Nat sitting at a table. Bruce, Thor, and Maria were standing around the table.