Museum

A/N I am so sorry for the slow uploads recently! For anyone that is new and because this is my most popular story, I want to point out that I do try and post every day but I cycle between my three stories. So each book normally gets an update every three days. We just won't talk about this week and how I messed a lot of stuff up lol. Anyways, thank you all for reading and I hope you enjoy it! 

Natasha POV 

"Are you really about to go yell at Fury?" I ask, quickening my pace to keep up with Steve. 

"Well, I won't yell at you. So yes." He glances at me and slows down a bit for me to catch up. We had just landed at the Triskelion which was our newest headquarters. We seemed to go through these a lot. 

"You know he's not going to care." I point out. 

"Doesn't mean it's not worth a shot." He shrugs as we reach Fury's office. 

"Uh-huh. Good luck." I smirk and he shakes his head. 

"You're coming with me." He grabs onto my arm and we're through the door in seconds. Fury looks up from his computer and raises an eyebrow as I yank my arm from Steve. "You just can't stop yourself from lying, can you?" Steve says to Fury. 

"I didn't lie." Fury glances at me and I shrug. "Agent Romanoff had a different mission than yours." 

"Which you didn't feel obliged to share." Steve walks towards Fury's desk and I walk a little closer, keeping my distance. 

"I'm not obliged to do anything." Fury looks back at his computer and I see Steve visibly get more upset. This whole thing really pushed him the wrong way. 

"Those hostages could have died," Steve says in a quieter tone. 

"I sent the greatest soldier in history to make sure that didn't happen." Fury looks back up at Steve. 

"Soldiers trust each other. That's what makes them an army. Not a bunch of guys running around shooting guns." Steve argues.

"Last time I trusted someone, I lost an eye." Fury stands up and I place a hand over my mouth to hold back a small laugh. How many stories did this man have about losing his eye? I clearly remember him saying an alien took it at one point. But his words also stung, did he not trust me? "Look, I didn't want you doing anything you weren't comfortable with. Agent Romanoff-" he points at me, "-is comfortable with everything." 

Steve turns to look at me and I give him a small smile before he turns back to Fury. "I can't lead a mission when the people I'm leading have missions of their own. I'm not saying that I'm mad at Nat, I just want to know what's going on when I'm out there." He did kind of have a point. Keeping secrets from each other while people are trying to kill us isn't the way to go. 

"It's called compartmentalization. Nobody spills the secrets, because nobody knows them all." Fury also made a point though.

"Expect you." Steve points at Fury with a small shake of his head. 

Fury sighs and looks at me before looking back at Steve, "You're wrong about me. I do share. I'm nice like that. Let me show you something, Rogers." 

"Before we go, I have a question." I interrupt and Fury looks at me. 

"Yes?" He prompts. 

"You don't need me here tonight, right? I'm free to go?" I ask and he furrows his eyebrows. 

"I don't think there are any plans. But stick around a bit longer, we have to show the Captain here everything." Fury says as he stands up and walks towards the door. "Come on."