Hawks

Natasha POV 

I did not want to get up when Y/N started to leave soft kisses across my face. I was tightly wrapped around her still and she was running a hand through my hair as her lips traveled across my skin. I murmur something before turning away from her and she laughs. "Get up, Sweetheart." 

"Bed is comfy," I mutter against the blankets I pulled up around my head. 

"But food." She prompts and tries to pull the blankets from me. I frown when I notice that she is dressed already and I wrap my arms around her neck. "You're being cuddly a lot more."

"Because I love you," I answer before pushing my face into her neck. 

"I love you too. But don't you want to get up and see the birds?" At those words, my eyes fly open. 

"Birds?" I ask and she laughs. 

"Yeah. We're doing that today." She reminds me and I push her off of me to stand up.

"You'll get up for birds but not for me?" She asks and I nod. "Nice butt." She comments and I turn to glare at her. 

"You're already dressed." I point out. 

"That would be correct. I wanted to set some stuff up for us." She shrugs and I narrow my eyes. 

"What kind of stuff?" I ask as she heads over to the door. 

"Get your lazy ass moving and you'll see." She shuts the door behind her and I sigh at the fact I'm alone. She's got this new confidence around her and I love it. And last night was pretty great... Perhaps I'm more relaxed than I thought. Y/N keeps bringing out new parts of me that I didn't even know existed. 

I got changed as fast as I could before dragging a brush through my hair. Then I was sprinting down the stairs to see Y/N talking with her mom. As I walk down the stairs I make eye contact with Margaret. She widens her eyes and covers Y/N's mouth so that's suspicious. "What are you two talking about?" 

Y/N reaches up and pulls the hand away from her mouth. "Nothing secret enough to keep from you. I was just talking about what path would be best to take with the birds." 

"Oh. I thought Natasha didn't know that's what you were doing today." Margaret shrugs and I smile at the two of them. 

"She knows alright. That's what got her out of bed." She glares at me and I shrug before grabbing some toast off the table. "You've settled right in." She comments and I glance over at her. 

"It's a nice place." I shrug again and she smiles. 

"You two have fun with the birds." Margaret hugs Y/N before leaving and Y/N just watches me eat. 

"What?" I ask. 

"Nothing." She leans against the wall and fiddles with the strap of a bag over her shoulder. 

"Something's bugging you." I try again and she shrugs. 

"I just never really feel like I belong when I'm up here." She shares and reaches out for my hand. I grab another piece of toast before accepting her hand and following her outside. 

"What do you mean? I know that you mentioned how you never spent time here but you seem to have good relationships with people." I say and she shrugs. 

"They were all pissed when I left. Since then I've never been one hundred percent part of the family. They all felt betrayed." She explains and I wrap an arm around her. She leans down and takes a bite of my toast. 

"Hey!" I smack the back of her head and she laughs. "You could have gotten your own." 

"I could have." She smirks at me.