I Can't.

Y/N POV 

I was leaning against the counter in the bathroom when Nat knocked on the door for the tenth time in the last five minutes. "Y/N..." She draws out my name in a whining tone which makes me smile. 

"Are you lonely?" I tease. I decided to go all out for tonight so it was taking me longer than usual. I was also dressed slightly out of my comfort zone but I had packed it so that was on me. 

"I just don't understand why you locked the door." She says and I smile at the thought of her face pressed against the wood, begging for me to open the door. 

"I'm surprised you haven't forced it open yet," I say and I hear another groan. "I'm almost done! Calm down. Things are a lot harder with one hand." 

"Then let me help." She says quickly and I roll my eyes. 

"I'm putting on lipstick. It's going to take ten seconds then I'll join you." I say and she instantly starts counting. I hurry up and open the door the moment she says ten. 

She grins and instantly wraps her arms around me before she pulls back and her eyes flick down my body. "Wow." She whispers and I feel my face flush at the way she's looking at me. Part of me expected her face to get blown with lust again but instead, I see more of just pure love written across her expression. "When did you get this?" Her eyes flick up to mine for a second but they dart back down right after. 

"Do you not like it?" I tease, getting my confidence back a little bit.

"I love it." She whispers. "But you're showing off what's mine." Her eyes meet mine for longer this time and I smile. 

"Exactly." I grin. "I'm sure you'll do a great job of reminding everyone just who I belong to," I say against her ear and her hands grab onto my hips. I'm usually more of a business suit kind of person and I think I pull that off pretty well but sometimes I'll wear a dress. And this was one of those moments. Though I'll admit, this was a lot different than the dresses I would normally wear. The red fabric hugged my body in all the right places while the neckline plunged deeper than it probably should. The more I thought about it the more I kind of regret putting this on. 

"Oh, I will. I love the fact you're showing off these." Her fingers dance along some of the dark marks she left along my neck. "Maybe I need to add another one." She whispers when her lips ghost over my neck. 

"Nothing's stopping you," I answer and her lips instantly attack the side of my neck and my hands fly to her sides. She lets go and backs up with a smile on her face. "By the way, you also look amazing." 

"Thank you. Though I'm going to disappear into the background if I'm near you." She winks and my face heats up again. 

"Maybe I shouldn't wear this," I say quickly and she furrows her eyebrows. 

"I was just kidding, Y/N. I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable." She says quickly and I sigh. 

"I already just flustered around you so easily," I mutter and she laughs. 

"I'll be good. But wear whatever you want. I know I said we should dress up but I'm fine if you don't want to." She grabs my hand and I smile at her. 

"I guess I can survive." I decide and she squeezes my hand. 

"Good." She brings my hand to her lips so she can kiss the back of it. "I'm glad you're starting to understand just how beautiful you are." 

I glare at her a little but she just smiles at me. "Stop being so cute," I say and then I gasp a little when she yanks me toward her. 

"You want me to be scary instead?" She asks before she presses her lips to mine again. 

"I guess not," I mutter when I pull away. "Now you have lipstick on your face."