Distant

Y/N POV 

It had been a week since the battle on the flying rock. A week that has gone extremely slowly. Nat and I are still at Clint's house and it's been nice to have a lot of people around. Laura has been sitting on the couch a lot so I think she's also happy to have Nat around to help. I would like to say I've been helpful as well but I've kind of just remained to myself a lot. Clint has taken it upon himself to start changing more and more of the house and he seems to be making a lot of progress. 

I'm sitting in our bedroom at a desk as I try my best to work on something. I've started to dedicate a lot of time to trying to update Rover but I can't seem to make anything work. And the amount of times I've dropped things is starting to drive me crazy. I balance the piece against my right hand and do my best to try and connect a wire with my left. The whole thing shifts and falls off the table so I drop the tool and just lean back in my chair with a groan. 

"I would offer my assistance. But I'm currently in pieces." Rover speaks and I glare at the part of him that still works. 

"I know that," I mutter as I roll the chair back and pick everything up. 

"May I ask what you're even doing?" He asks. 

"You already kind of did," I answer as I try to balance it again. This time I stand up and use my chest to try and hold it still. 

"Is that a no?" He asks and I sigh. 

"No, it's not a no. I'm trying to make you move quicker. If you plan on following me into battles you might as well be able to get out of the way." I say. "Unlike me," I add under my breath as I finally hook the wires together. 

"What about lasers?" He asks and I look over at him. 

"You want lasers?" I ask back. 

"Lasers look cool." He says and I just stare at him for a few seconds. 

"I'm doomed," I mutter as I sit back down and stare at the mess I've created. I start trying to place the pieces back together but everything falls off the table again and I sigh as I stand up. I look down at the only part of my arm that I can see, my fingers. I stare at them for a while and try my hardest to make them move. "Come on..." I groan as I strain to see even the slightest twitch. But nothing happens. I sigh and bend over to pick everything up before trying again to put Rover back into one piece. I try again. And again. On the fifth attempt at picking everything up and setting it up I slam my fist onto the desk. Luckily Rover stays quiet, I don't know how I would have reacted to him right now. 

I stand up and run my hand through my hair as I start to pace the bedroom. I stare at the photos on the walls. Laura had some frames laying around that Nat had taken. On a trip to the store two days ago she had some of our photos together printed out so she could hang them up here. Seeing as this was like her second home I understood. I pull one down and stare at it for a few seconds. It was taken with a disposable camera when we went snorkeling. We were sitting on that huge rock and instead of looking at the camera, we were looking at each other. Jasmine had taken it when we weren't paying attention. I sit on the bed and stare at it a bit more. The sun is hitting Nat just perfectly that her hair looks almost like fire. I run my thumb over her before sighing and placing it back on the wall. 

"Ok. I can do this." I mutter as I stand back up and stare at the parts all over the desk. I glance down at my hand and try to move my fingers again, just in case. But as always, there is nothing. I sigh but I don't let it deter me from my goal. I lean over the table and start working at a slower pace. Every movement is thought over and the second Rover is able to move again he starts to help. He holds himself still for me to finish the new connections and before I know it he's back into one piece.