Seperation

Natasha POV 

I was slightly pissed when I pulled up to the hospital. Not one of the people I had called answered me. They all went to voicemail, even Steve's who I would have thought wouldn't know how to set one up. What could they be doing that was so damn important? I slam the car door when I get out then instantly have a moment of regret, it's Y/N's car. She probably would have hated it if she saw me do that. 

I walked through the front doors and I could hear Maya behind me. She was silent until we got to the elevator, "So, who's in here? Must be pretty close to Tony to have him that worked up." 

"Yeah, they are probably his closest friends." I grumble as the doors open. I rush towards her room and I figure out why Steve wasn't answering my call. He walks out of her room at that moment kind of looking like a scared puppy. 

"Natasha!" He says when he sees me. 

"Is she ok?" I ask quickly. 

"Yeah. She's awake right now. She's not herself but she's awake." Steve explains.

"Thanks." I rush towards the open door. 

He grabs my arm before I can inside, "We haven't told her about Happy yet. If you want to, I won't stop you. But I'm not sure it would be good for her right now." 

"I understand. How is he?" I ask, feeling bad for Happy. 

"Not any better then when they brought him in. He took most of the explosion, from the looks of things he shielded Y/N." Steve glances at the room across the hall. 

"He'll make it through." I say confidently. 

Steve takes a moment to take in my appearance and then looks at Maya behind me, "I don't think I want to know, but what happened?" 

"If you answered your phone you would know. But there was a minor explosion at Stark's." I say quietly, not wanting Y/N to hear anything. 

"What do you mean?" 

"I mean, The Mandarin attacked him. Pepper is looking for him now but for I know he's dead under a pile of rubble." I hiss between my teeth. 

"We have to do something about this guy." Steve matches my hushed tone.

"Tony wanted to head to Tennessee. He seemed to think something was going on there. Or at least a clue. Once I see Y/N I say we get the team together and go." I whisper to him. 

He smiles a bit, "The team is already together." 

"What?" 

"Bruce and Clint are in there right now. Fury and Maria were here but got a call about half an hour ago." Steve says. 

"That's good. I'm gonna go see her now." I clear my throat and walk past Steve into the room. I see Maya stay outside and she walks over to a doctor, probably concerned for her health. 

Y/N doesn't look at my direction when I walk in but she assumes I'm Steve, "Steve, did you get the water?" 

Bruce and Clint look over and me and Clint speaks, "That's not Steve, Y/N." 

She looks over at me and her eyes widen, "Tasha!" 

"Hey, baby." I smile at her and pull a chair over next to her head. She's still wrapped in many bandages but the breathing tube is gone. Her skin has returned to it's normal shade and I grab one of her hands. "How are you feeling?" 

"Pretty similar to last time." She smiles at me and I run a hand through her hair. I hear Clint and Bruce stand up to go into the hall. It was a kind gesture on their parts.