Apology

A/N Hey guys! This is a mature chapter and like always there will be another warning once is starts. But there is mature content throughout this one. Enjoy!

Y/N POV 

"Follow me." Natasha walked up the stairs and didn't look back until she got to the top step.

"What?" I was still very confused. 

"I thought that was pretty simple. Follow. Me." She turned on her heel and went into the elevator. I shook my head and ran up the stairs after her and watched as the doors shut in my face. Either I stand here and wait for it to come back or I beat her by sprinting up the stairs. I chose the later of the two and ran up the stairs taking them two at a time. 

I got the top floor before she did but was heavily out of breath as I made my way to the elevator. The hallway was also lined with rose petals that ended at my bedroom door, I could see where this was going. "It a bit hard to follow you when you leave me behind." I was leaning on the wall across from the elevator when the doors opened and she looked shocked. 

"How the hell-" 

I cut her off, "There are stairs and I'm quite fast." I pushed myself off the wall and looked around at the petals and hearts along the walls. 

"No matter. This way." She walked towards my bedroom and opened the door. I was bit skeptical of walking in there but I did anyway. She didn't jump me which was a start. The room was lined with candles and rose petals and there was faint music playing through the speakers. 

"First breakfast now this? Who knew you were so romantic." I turned in circles to take in the room as she sat down on the couch in front of the fireplace. 

"Join me." She patted the spot next to her and I sat down. There was a board of cheese and other snacks sitting in front of us as well as two wine glasses and an unopened bottle. 

"I feel underdressed..." I looked down at the casual clothing and then at her in the stunning red dress. 

"Clothing doesn't matter. Want a drink?" She opened the wine bottle and poured some into her glass. 

"Yes please!" I watched as she filled mine up and I took a sip. Hopefully this would help calm my nerves. We sat in silence and ate as we listened to the calming music. Eventually I decided to break the quiet, "When I asked for an apology this wasn't what I had in mind. It was mainly a joke." 

"I know." She kicked the heels off her feet before placing her legs up on the coffee table. 

"Your feet are dirty. We are eating off that table." I couldn't help myself. For some reason the idea bothered me. 

"Really?" She removed her legs and turned on the couch to face me. 

"Keep your feet away from the food, that's common sense." I drank some more of my wine and she studied me. 

"Speaking of being dirty give me a minute." She stood up from the couch and smoothed out her dress before disappearing into the bathroom and shut the door. 

"Was that meant to be a double meaning I'm too innocent to understand?" I shouted after her but she didn't answer. I pulled out my phone to see a few texts from Maria and Tony but decided to not open them, as I didn't want to be sucked into a conversation.  

She was taking  a long time and I felt myself slowly drift off. I relaxed into the couch and my eyes closed. Next thing I know her lips were pressed against my forehead and her hands were cupping my face, "Y/N... wake up."

My eyes fluttered open and she was leaning over me with a smile. "Shit. Sorry! I didn't mean-" 

She pressed her finger to my lips, "It's fine. Get up."