Surprise

Y/N POV 

I woke up feeling very refreshed. More energy was surging through my body then I had expected. I thought I'd be a mess for the rest of the day or something but I guess not. This time Natasha was still in bed and she had one hand rested on my back while her other one was holding her phone. 

"Sleep well?" She looks down at me and I nod, pushing myself up so I could sit next to her and lean my head on her shoulder. 

"You're always up before me." I mutter and she chuckles. 

"I guess I'm never as tired." She shrugs. 

"Are you sure it's not because you like watching me sleep." I smirk at her and she glances at me. 

"I won't deny it." She smirks back and we both laugh.  

"What time is it?" I glance at her phone and notice she's been talking with Fury. 

"Close to 5. So it's perfect for what I have planned." She shuts off her phone and tosses it onto the side table. 

"I forgot. You have some kind of surprise." I watch as she slowly stands up and lifts her arms over her head. 

"Yup. So put something comfy on." She motions to the closet before picking up her phone and heading down the stairs. I hear her say hello to someone so I figure she just got onto a phone call. I shrug it off and get changed, find an outfit for her as well seeing as the woman just walked downstairs naked. 

When I joined her she was on the couch with the phone pressed to her ear still and she looked upset. She had a blanket wrapped around her and I laid the clothes down on the counter. I walked over to place my hands on her shoulders and squeezed, making her look up at me with a small smile. 

"I can pick him up tomorrow. Does that fit your time frame?" She asks the person on the other end of the line. They seem to agree because she nods. "Sounds good. I'll be there." She then hangs up and rests her head on the back of the couch. 

"That didn't sound good." I comment, leaning down to peck her lips which makes her smile. 

"When we get back I have to grab Steve for a mission. Luckily it fits his timeframe this way." She pushes herself off the couch and eyes the clothes on the counter before walking over to get dressed. 

"What kind of mission?" I tag along behind her kind of on edge. 

"No clue." She looks at me and I must have looked worried because she grabs my hands. "Nothing serious. I promise." 

"I know I shouldn't worry... I just can't help it." I mutter and she pulls me in for a tight hug. 

"I'll be back before you know it." She kisses my cheek. "But anyways, I have a date planned. Come on." She pulls out of the hug and grabs my hand before leading me outside. 

"Where are we going?" I ask and she just looks over her should with a smirk.

"You'll see." She brings us to the boat and I laugh at the dresses that are still here from last night. She kicks them aside as she helps me climb on then she pushes me to sit down as she takes the wheel. 

"You've gotten more confident." I say and she turns to glance at me. 

"I'm always confident." She answers. 

"I mean with the boat." I correct myself and she shrugs. "Stop it." I reach out my foot to kick her which makes her laugh. 

"Stop what?" 

"Stop being all 'I'm so tough. Nothing comes hard for me. If it does I pretend it's easy. Blah blah blah'." I stand up and wrap my arms around her as she drives us towards the main island.