The Cradle

Y/N POV 

"I'm going to go see if she's in there. You three stay here." Steve instructs as we get closer to our drop-off point. 

"Not like I could have left anyway. I'm flying this damn thing." Clint answers which makes Steve smile.  

"He just wants to hear himself talk," Nat adds. 

"You're really getting on my nerves, Romanoff." Steve challenges. 

"And you're meant to be jumping out the back." She reminds him and he sighs before jumping out and landing on a rooftop. 

"You guys can hear me?" He says as he places his hand up to the side of his helmet. 

"Loud and clear," I answer as I place an earpiece into my ear and I watch Nat do the same. Clint already has a large headset on so he's all set. 

"I'll get there in two minutes. Stay close." Steve informs us as he starts sprinting across the rooftops. 

"You two going to be traveling somewhere after we save the world again?" Clint asks. 

"What?" Nat asks. 

"You two have vanished two times in a row now." He says with a shrug. 

"He's not wrong." Steve answers. 

"Haven't really thought that far ahead," I say and Nat looks at me. "Do you want to go somewhere?" 

"Let's see how we feel after taking down the crazy robot." She says and I nod. 

"That also depends on if neither of us dies." I raise an eyebrow and she shoves me. 

"Don't you fucking dare make me regret making you come with me instead of Stark." She says. 

"Nat... Steve doesn't like that kind of talk." Clint says. 

"I hate all of you," Steve says and we laugh. 

"I'm not going to die," I say and she looks up at me. 

"Good." She says as she backs up to lean against the wall. 

"You didn't say it back," I say. 

"I already told you I can't make that promise." She crosses her arms and looks out the back window. 

"Nat..." I complain.

"Yeah! Come on, Natasha." Clint joins my side. 

"I'm not going to say something that I don't have control over." She says again and I sigh. 

"Fine. Then I take it back. I might die." I say and she glares at me. "How does that feel?" 

There's silence for a while until Steve saves her, "I'm here! Dr. Cho!" 

"He's uploading himself into the body." Dr. Cho says between heavy breathing and pained groaning sounds. 

"Where?" Steve asks. 

"The real power is inside the Cradle. The gem, its power is uncontainable. You can't just blow it up. You have to get the Cradle to Harkin or Stark." She says with difficulty before her breathing suddenly stops or gets too quiet for us to hear. 

"First, I have to find it. I'm sorry this happened to you." Steve says. 

"Go." She manages and I glance at Nat. 

"I really want to say something mean right now," I mutter and she raises an eyebrow. 

"I'm willing to hear it." She says and I bite at the inside of my cheek.